Do you love software freedom and open source communities? Do you like the MediaWiki software, Wikipedia, or any other Wikimedia sites?
Then, contribute your skills here and learn from other contributors. This page will help you get started by providing an overview of areas where you can get involved.
More helpful information
There are several ways you can get into contact with the Wikimedia community.
- Feel free to ask your developer questions on https://discourse-mediawiki.wmflabs.org.
- For real-time communication use on IRC (Internet Relay Chat).
- There are also several e-mail lists for discussion of Wikimedia software. A complete list is available.
- You can also follow and share Wikimedia news across your social network.
- You can also subscribe to Tech News to receive a weekly summary on your user talk page of recent software changes, without technical jargon.
Editing and discussing in MediaWiki
If you have not used MediaWiki before:
- Register your user account on mediawiki.org.
- Learn how to Edit wiki pages with VisualEditor or editing the source.
- Feel free to edit your public user page. Introduce yourself. You may use the User Info Template. Learn more reading the Wikipedia instructions.
- Check Help:Navigation.
- You can discuss the content of each page in its related Discussion page. You can communicate with users by adding a public message in their discussion pages. Learn more at Help:Talk pages.