Éksténsi Translate ngajadikeun MediaWiki alat percéka pikeun narjamahkeun téks naon baé. Pangpangna dipaké pikeun narjamahkeun sopwér jeung pikeun ngokolakeun wiki multibasa dina cara anu hadé.
Éksténsi tarjamah mibanda loba fitur hususon ditujukeun keur panarjamah, sakaligus nyieun integrasi tungtung-tukang jeung kode sumber aktual sababarina. Bareng jeung éta, sagalana jalan di jero MediaWiki, anu ngajadikeun pamaké laluasa komunikasi jeung ngokolakeun manéh.
- Tarjamah kaca kontén wiki katata.
- Lokalisasi jero-wiki jeung ékspor talatah antarmuka sopwér (atawa ampir naon baé).
- Web-based translation and proofreading interface, as well as gettext based export and import for off-line translation.
- Rupa-rupa ombér sangkan hanca panarjamah leuwih babari:
- némbongkeun tarjamah dina séjén basa anu ditangtukeun sacara global, katambah basa anu dipilih ku pamaké;
- ngédit réréongan dokuméntasi ngeunaan pamakéan jeung kontéks talatah;
- mémori tarjamah jeung tarjamah mesin maké parabot luar (Apertium, Microsoft Translator, Yandex.Translate);
- display of the latest change in the source message;
- warnings about common mistakes like parameters that are not used.
- Pre-made modules for various open source products you can use as an example.
- A versatile plug-in system to make it easy to add new projects as a message group.
- Various statistics:
- translation completion percentages for all message groups in all supported languages;
- translation completion percentages in all supported languages for any supported message group;
- tool for making activity graphs for spans of time.
Can display either number of edits or active users daily or hourly and includes many filters;
- cloud overview of active languages and translators.
Translate extension, due to its large user base, is confirmed to be compatible with all reasonably recent browsers, except some minor (style) glitches which are quickly fixed.
Making Multilingual Wikis a Reality: this presentation shows how the Translate extension can make a wiki truly multilingual, based on the experience of KDE UserBase wiki.
Niklas Laxström, Translating the wiki way: Simple, fast, fun, Wikimania 2012 (slides available).
Support and documentation
- See Installation
- See Configuration
- See User documentation — includes tutorials
- Live support at #translatewiki IRC channel at Libera Chat (best times are at European days and evenings)
- Please report all issues and feature requests in the issue tracker
Translate extension was originally developed by User:Nikerabbit; many other users, like User:Raymond, User:SPQRobin and the Wikimedia Language team, have contributed to its code and documentation. It is maintained by User:Nikerabbit and User:Siebrand.
Prominent users of the Translate extension
- https://translatewiki.net — The biggest wiki-based site and community for translation of the interface of open source software.
- https://userbase.kde.org — Documentation wiki for the KDE project which uses the page translation feature extensively.
- https://meta.wikimedia.org — Translates wiki content and uses the group states feature. Translation and translation review is enabled almost for all users of the wiki.
See more at notable uses of translatewiki.net on Wikipedia.
Tom Hutchison of Joomla:
The Translate extension allows for connection to a translation service and can auto fill the translation for you. At the same time a translator can make adjustments so you're not creating lots of pages with inaccurate translations.
That's ok if they are on different continents. That is actually a plus because work is getting done 24 hours a day. What they need is a support group chat for each other. They would all be able to read English if they are translating right? Teach a few simple wiki markup such as links and what to do with categories. Then they help others who in turn help others. We have over 40 in a chat who help each other and have fun at the same time. And they were all scared of the wiki but couldn't believe how easy it was once they started. They are actually waiting on me for more translations to do because I can't keep up with them. I know there is only 1 translating this language or that language. We have that too. One person is doing Swahili while another one is working on Japanese. Also, you mark pages for translation. You control whether to include templates or exclude variables in template calls.
- Translatable template.
- Extension:TranslationNotifications – éksténsi pikeun masilitasi komunikasi jeung para panarjamah.
- Help:Extension:Translate/Page translation example
Kadé pahili jeung:
- Extension:ContentTranslation tool – dipaké pikeun tarjamah sakalieun kaca wiki ti hiji basa ka nu séjénna.
- m:Abstract Wikipedia pikeun tarjamah.
- Tarjamahkeun ieu éksténsi di translatewiki.net
- Buka rekés kutu jeung fitur
- Buka leuwih lengkep rekés kutu jeung fitur di translatewiki.net
- Pariksa jeung tarjamahkeun dokuméntasi éksténsi Tarjamah
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|
|This extension is included in the following packages and/or wiki farms:|