Most computers can extract a zip file without additional software.
- MediaWiki 1.38.1 (download .zip, download .tar.gz) - stable
- MediaWiki 1.37.2 (download .zip, download .tar.gz) - legacy
- MediaWiki 1.35.6 (download .zip, download .tar.gz) - long-term support (LTS)
To users of MediaWiki versions version 1.36 and 1.34 and earlier: These versions are no longer supported. Please update to a newer version of MediaWiki.
MediaWiki is free software licensed under version 2 of the GNU General Public License. Because MediaWiki is licensed free of charge, there is no warranty, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Read the full text of the GNU GPL version 2 for details.
Download from Git instead
Active MediaWiki developers should instead download from Git to get the latest version of the MediaWiki software. The git repository has earlier versions of the software, so it is possible to switch to ("check out") a particular release.
- GPG security signatures to verify your download with GNU Privacy Guard:
- MediaWiki 1.38.1 muudatused ei sisalda i18n (unified diff)
Microsoft SQL Server ja Oracle Database, HHVM ja PHP 7.0 ja 7.1 tugi on alates MediaWiki 1.34-st eemaldatud.
Alternatiivid käsitsi paigaldamisele
Some users may prefer to skip manual installation by using a pre-integrated MediaWiki software appliance or hosting services; repositories of some distros also increasingly offer packages for MediaWiki, with different degrees of frequency and extensions coverage (e.g. Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo).
Stay up to date with releases, and keep your server secure!
If your MediaWiki installation is heavily modified, it may be difficult to incorporate the latest official changes/updates to MediaWiki. To support such users, we maintain old branches of our code for up to a year for the legacy release and up to three years for the legacy long term support release.
From Git you can either download the complete repository (about 528 MiB)
git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/mediawiki/core.git
or the latest revision only (about 85 MiB; this is often called a shallow clone: less time and smaller downloads).
git clone --depth 1 https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/mediawiki/core.git
You can also view the latest source code in your browser.
You can find tarballs (with extension
*.tar.gz) of all versions of MediaWiki back to March 2005 (the earliest being MediaWiki 1.3.11) in the MediaWiki download archives.
- This could cause reference problems when you later use "git pull" to upgrade your shallow clone and the newer revision refers to older revisions which are not yet downloaded to your system. In such a case you can simply download more - increase the depth value - or all revisions later, or make a fresh shallow clone.