|Attenzione:||This page documents the default search engine for MediaWiki, NOT CirrusSearch, which is the search engine for Wikipedia and Wikimedia sites. See Help:CirrusSearch and Help talk:CirrusSearch for information and support regarding CirrusSearch.|
|Attenzione:||Help:Searching is the default page for help searching on any MediaWiki installation. This page may describe Lucene-search, or MWSearch, or the built-in Search engine that runs when no Search extensions are installed.|
The quickest way to find information in MediaWiki is to look it up directly. On every page there is a ricerca box.
Enter key words and phrases and press Enter or Return or click the magnifying glass icon or Search or Go button. If a page has the same title as what you entered (or you use the Go button) you jump straight to that page.[dubious ] Otherwise, it searches all pages on the wiki (with some restrictions, see below), and presents a list of articles that matched your search terms, or a message informing you that no page has all the key words and phrases.
- It searches all pages on the wiki with some restrictions.
- The article content is searched in its raw (wikitext) form - i.e., it searches the text that appears in the edit box when you click "modifica", not the rendered page. This means that content coming from an included template will not be picked up, but the target of piped links will be.
- The search is not case-sensitive, so 'MediaWiki', 'mediawiki' and 'MEDIAWIKI' all give the same result.
- The search functionality can be considered to operate on whole words, separated by spaces or other punctuation marks. So if your search term includes the word 'book', the results will not include pages that only have the word 'books' or 'booklet'. And if your search term includes the term 'inter', the results will not include pages that only have the word 'international', but they may include pages that have the term 'inter-national'.
- The results will only include pages that contain all the words in your search.
- You can search for a phrase using double quotes. A phrase can be considered to consist of whole words (case-insensitive), so the phrase 'Prime Minister' will not be found by a search for "ime Min", but it will be found by a search for "pRIME mINISTER".
Restringere la ricerca
If you click the "Ricerca" button without filling in anything, you will be taken to "Special:Search" which gives you extra searching options (also available from any search results list)
Potresti trovare utile limitare la ricerca ad un particolare namespace, ad esempio solo nelle pagine di aiuto (User). Segna i namespace in cui vuoi cercare.
Di default solo i namespace specificati nelle preferenze verranno analizzati. Gli utenti registrati potranno decidere su quali namespace effettuare ogni ricerca.