Akwai hanyoyi da dama na Shiva Como tuntibi masu amfani da MediaWiki Domin samun taimako.
Waďannan sune matakai masu kyau na farko:
- Register and add some info about yourself in your user page.
- Follow the News and our social media channels.
- Check the newsletters that you can subscribe to.
- Join connect IRC channel and perhaps more.
- Make sure you have an email address confirmed and email notifications enabled in your mediawiki.org preferences.
- "Watch" (click the star icon of) the pages you want to follow and perhaps contribute to.
- All the better if you find a MediaWiki Group that matches your location or interests!
- Please read the FAQ before asking.
- State your problem immediately and wait for a response. Don't ask "is there anyone here" or "can someone help me". This is normal IRC etiquette and allows participants to multitask effectively.
- Expect to wait for some time for an initial response, especially in off-peak times. Despite this, out of courtesy for the volunteer who is helping you, try to answer their questions promptly.
Idan baka samu martani ba,Hakan yana nufin daya daga cikin:
- Nobody was around at the time of day you chose. If the channel is generally quiet, come back later.
- kayi tambayar da babu Wanda ya San martaninta,ko kuma tana bukatar Aiki tukuru.
- You're asking a question which is in the FAQ, the help, the manual, or other documentation, and the volunteers in the channel feel it would be best if you found it yourself.
Questions relating to problems with your particular installation of MediaWiki are generally best answered on IRC, since they often require a back-and-forth exchange to isolate the problem, which is tedious when performed on the mailing lists.
There are several mailing lists available. The recommended ones are:
- mediawiki-l (or via Gmane) (or via your newsreader) is the high-traffic mailing list to ask for help with using or setting up MediaWiki.
- wikitech-l (or via Gmane) (or via your newsreader) is the high-traffic mailing list for both MediaWiki and Wikimedia software development.
- mediawiki-announce (or via Gmane) (or via your newsreader) is a low-traffic list for announcements of new MediaWiki releases and security updates (all messages also go to mediawiki-l).
- wikitech-ambassadors Announcements about upcoming changes on Wikimedia websites. This list is primarily aimed at end users of Wikimedia wikis, not the MediaWiki software in general.
Please check the archives first! All three lists are also available through Gmane which provides access as newsgroups or in various web-based formats, and includes its own archives and archive search.
Follow the MediaWiki accounts:
More details at Social media.
- The Wikimedia Blog has a tech section specifically for news and information from the Wikimedia Foundation’s Technology department (link - RSS feed).
- There are some tech blogs hosted on phabricator.
- The English Wikimedia planet blog aggregator sometimes contains tech stuff mixed in with posts mostly about non-technical aspects of Wikimedia projects.
English Wikipedia's Signpost has a regular technology report with content related to activity within Wikimedia Foundation’s Technology department. Also see Wikimedia's Tech/News, which covers all the technical activity happening across the Wikimedia movement.
- Wikimedia's Meta-Wiki was formerly where documents were managed and proposals were discussed before this site was started. There is still a lot of content there that has yet to be moved.
- Phabricator is where feature requests and bugs may be reported or browsed.
- Translatewiki is a MediaWiki site that allows collaborative translation, including of MediaWiki software.
For help with the MediaWiki software
There are a few forums around the internet where you can get help both with using MediaWiki and with setting up MediaWiki.
- Project:Support desk
- Wikimedia Developer Support (Discourse)
- MediaWiki Users forum (Unofficial)
- StackExchange's #mediawiki tag (RSS feed) (Unofficial)
- Reddit's MediaWiki group (Unofficial)
To discuss this site, MediaWiki.org
- Project:Current issues (Turanci)