This category lists information and pages relating to MediaWiki extensions.
The subcategories listed below provide many ways to browse through the set of extensions. To see the list of all extensions that have a page on mediawiki.org, go to the subcategory all extensions.
Other lists of extensions include:
- All extension pages - an uncategorized list of extensions.
- m:Category:MediaWiki extensions - extensions documented in the Wikimedia Meta-Wiki
- "Extension" category on WikiApiary - holds a list of websites that use any extension.
If you can't find an extension that does what you're looking for, you can request one at Extension requests.
Please note that most of the extensions listed here are not maintained by people affiliated with the MediaWiki software development team. For most extensions, there is no guarantee of the quality of the software, or its security, or how well it will work with recent versions of MediaWiki.
Getting help with an extension
The documentation page for an extension should hopefully give you all the information you need in order to install/use the extension. If you have any further questions you can raise them on the associated talk page, or contact the extension author(s) if there is contact information listed, or use an existing support channel like the mediawiki-l mailing list or the #mediawiki IRC channel. Please do not contact the MediaWiki developers with questions about third-party extensions!
Improving existing extensions
- Translating extensions
- Category:Unmaintained extensions - There are always some extensions in need of a new maintainer. Perhaps taking over maintenance of one is a good starting point, too.
Creating new extensions
The page Manual:Extensions has a good overview of how extensions are structured.
Talìa macari li pàggini siguenti:
- Project:WikiProject Extensions
- Manual:Developing extensions
- Manual:Tag extensions
- Manual:Parser functions
- Manual:Special pages
If you have an extension that you want to add to this site, create a new page and add the extension template to the top of it (or create a new extension article). This will create a useful infobox and add the template to this category. See Template:Extension for details. You should also add as much detail as possible to the body of the page, and it is wise to check back fairly regularly to respond to user questions.
The MediaWiki developers provide no support for third-party add-ons and neither the MediaWiki developers nor the maintainers of this site give any guarantee about the suitability, functionality, security or indeed any other property of any extension described on this site. Inclusion of an extension on this site is not an endorsement by the MediaWiki developers or the Wikimedia Foundation.
If it is felt that a particular extension published on this web site is being distributed containing vulnerabilities which expose users to cross-site scripting or other vulnerabilities, or which are otherwise insecure, these can and will be deleted with no prior notice.
The provisions of the general disclaimer are maintained.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
The number of included categories (C), pages (P) and files (F) is stated in brackets.
- ► Extensions supporting Composer/scn (4 P)
- ► All extensions/scn (17 P)
- ► Extensions by category/scn (9 C)
- ► Extensions by hook usage/scn (26 C)
- ► Extensions by implementation type/scn (20 C)
- ► Extensions by integration target/scn (1 C)
- ► Extensions by license/scn (5 C)
- ► Extensions by page action/scn (1 C)
- ► Extensions by source location/scn (1 C)
- ► Extensions by status/scn (4 C)
- ► Extensions by visual element/scn (4 C)
- ► Media Viewer/scn (1 P)
- ► Extensions used on Wikimedia/scn (10 P)