Release status: stable
|Implementation||Special page, User identity|
|Description||Merges references from one user to another user in the Wiki database - can also delete old users following merge|
|Compatibility policy||Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backward compatible.|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Quarterly downloads||390 (Ranked 19th)|
|Public wikis using||888 (Ranked 260th)|
|Translate the UserMerge extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The UserMerge extension allows wiki users with the usermerge permission (Bureaucrat by default) to merge one Wiki user's account with another Wiki user's account.
- merge (refer contributions, texts, watchlists, edit count of a first account A to a second account B)
- delete the first account A after the merge (option box)
- you cannot delete a user A without having merged the user A to B
- you cannot merge your own account (logged-in user) into a different user
- if you omit the "New User" field, then the extension auto-populates the New User as "Anonymous" (user_id 0), and ask you to confirm a merge to Anonymous. This is used for user deletion: you first empty (merge to user 0) contributions of a user A, and then delete the user A.
- If your version of the extension complains about an empty "New User" field you can fill in "Anonymous"
- the extension creates a User Merge log and logs all User Merge extension activity.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php file:
wfLoadExtension( 'UserMerge' ); // By default nobody can use this function, enable for bureaucrat? $wgGroupPermissions['bureaucrat']['usermerge'] = true; // To enable for administrators add this: $wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['usermerge'] = true; // optional: default is [ 'sysop' ] $wgUserMergeProtectedGroups = [ 'groupname' ];
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- If using Vagrant, install with
vagrant roles enable usermerge --provision
- follow Installation Instructions
- a new Special Page Special:UserMerge with the title Merge and Delete Users is created
- unmergeable users can be defined (examples):
# Allow all users to be merged (by default, the 'sysop' group is unmergeable) $wgUserMergeProtectedGroups = ; # Disallow merging of the users in the 'sysop' or 'awesomeusers' groups $wgUserMergeProtectedGroups = [ 'sysop', 'awesomeusers' ]; # enable the permission for sysops $wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['usermerge'] = true;
You can use Help:RevisionDelete feature of MediaWiki to replace the UserMerge logs information with neutral information.
Active RevisionDelete in "LocalSettings.php" file with:
$wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['deletelogentry'] = true; $wgGroupPermissions['sysop']['deleterevision'] = true;
Then, from Special:Log/usermerge, you can check and disable the logs content resulting from modifications made by UserMerge with simple check box.
See also edit
- hideuser right - Allows to "hide" users from various lists when indefinitely blocking them
- phab:T8397 - Flag to mark accounts locked/hidden (aka remove/delete user)
|This extension is included in the following wiki farms/hosts and/or packages:|