This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on any information on this page.
2010-07-12: Mid-term evaluations due on Friday (2010-07-16)
Basic information edit
- Summer of Code wiki: http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/WikiStart
- FAQ: http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2010/faqs (Archived 2010-03-23 at the Wayback Machine)
- Mentor guide: http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCMentoring/Introduction
Accepted projects edit
This section is for projects that have been given a slot from Google for this year's Summer of Code. Thanks to all the others who applied as well.
Extension management platform
- Mentor: Brion Vibber
- Student: Jeroen De Dauw
- Goal: Creating an awesome extension management platform for MediaWiki, facilitating the installation, updating, removal and configuration of extensions.
- Student application: User:Jeroen_De_Dauw/GSoC2010/Proposal
- Status: Requests for comment/Distribution and deployment
Improve metadata support
- Mentor: Chad Horohoe
- Student: Brian Wolff
- Goal: Improve metadata support for uploaded media in mediawiki by displaying embedded IPTC and XMP metadata
- Student application: User:Bawolff/GSoC2010
- Status: User:Bawolff/GSoC2010/Status (WP Signpost summary)
General RDF export/import in Semantic MediaWiki
- Mentor: Denny Vrandecic
- Student: Samuel Lampa
- Goal: Extend the import/export functionality of Semantic MediaWiki (SMW) to allow also full, general RDF import.
- Student application: User:SHL/GSoC2010
- Status: User:SHL/GSoC2010/Status
- Mentor: Yaron Koren
- Student: Sanyam Goyal
- Student application: User:Sanyamgoyal/GSoC2010
- Status: User:Sanyamgoyal/GSoC2010/Status
Wikisource Legal Tool
- Mentor: Ariel Glenn
- Student: Stephen LaPorte
- Goal: Creating a tool to format judicial decisions, legal scholarship, and statutes for Wikisource.
- Student application: User:Slaporte/GSoC2010
- Status: User:Slaporte/GSoC2010/Status
Reasonably efficient interwiki template transclusion
- Mentor: Roan Kattouw
- Student: Peter Potrowl
- Goal: The aim is to allow MediaWiki users to insert (transclude) templates from a wiki to another on WikiMedia Foundation (WMF) wikis (Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons, etc.).
- Student application: User:Peter17/GSoC2010
- Status: User:Peter17/GSoC2010/Status (WP Signpost summary)
All mentors edit
Below is the full list of mentors for Google Summer of Code 2010. Even those that aren't listed above are available to help out when needed.
Organisation administrator edit
Every GSoC mentor organisation has a so called "org admin". This person deals with Google as the primary contact person for the organisation. For the GSoC 2010 this is RobLa.