I am a developer with some SRE sensibilities, working on the MediaWiki Platform Team. Basically I write code, argue about design and architecture, and precariously inhabit the devops space, jack-of-all-trades-and-master-of-none.
MediaWiki topics that interest me and which I would love to spend some time on (but no idea if that will happen):
- Our page-revsion-slot-content backend, including MCR, and expanded use of secondary slots
- Decoupling components, to make it easier and less risky to make changes and add features
- The installation and configuration process, still complicated
- The many caching layers
- Third party support and our obligations to such users, if any
- The establishment of an official MediaWiki roadmap
- ...? TBD!
I'm very interested in anything that touches on translation of content or interfaces, and anything that impacts the multilingual reach or the Wikimedia projects or facilitates communication between the various language communities of the projects, but this is out of the scope of my WMF work.
If you want to reach me quickly, look for me on irc in #wikitech-l or #mediawiki-core with the user name apergos. Timezone: EET. If you want to reach me the slow way send an email to user name ariel with domain name wikimedia.org. (Grrr, spammers!)
Old decrepit links:
Personal: I'm trans, nonbinary and queer, and I'm here. If you're any or all of the above and need a friendly ear for whatever reason, come find me.