The Semantic MediaWiki (SMW) extension allows for managing structured data in your wiki and for querying that data to create dynamic representations: tables, timelines, maps, lists, etc.
The actual homepage of Semantic MediaWiki, including user documentation in multiple languages, is www.semantic-mediawiki.org. There are various other pages in the MediaWiki and Wikipedia space related to SMW, but the homepage is the most up-to-date source of information.
There are a large number of "spinoff" extensions that require the presence of Semantic MediaWiki; see the category Semantic MediaWiki extensions for the full list (some of these extensions may be obsolete).
Download and installationEdit
The respective instructions are located on the help page about installing Semantic MediaWiki.
- Semantic MediaWiki 3.2 — Blog post about the important new features of this release
- Managing data in MediaWiki – An overview and comparison.
- Cargo – Allows for the storage and querying of data contained within templates
- DynamicPageList – Allows to extract data from pages
- WikiDB – Provides database features, somewhat similar to semantic properties
- Wikibase – Allows to represent and manipulate structured data as part of the Wikidata project