このページにはGrowth チームの取り組む編集初学者の活動を促し、定着率を改善する作業について、更新情報を掲載します。 この取り組みは2018年6月に計画立案を始めました。 チームでは複数プロジェクトを同時並行で進めており、すべてこのページで協議を進めていきます。
Growth team updates
Update 2023-01-27: Positive reinforcement, SpecialPages, PageTriage, & Mentorship
- Positive Reinforcement
- We added more details to the Positive Reinforcement project page about some initial experiment data (T323788). And we’ve now gathered enough data that we can start the full experiment analysis (T327581).
- We’ve been busy finishing Impact module work (T222310). The Growth team is now shifting to focus on Leveling Up work (T317813) and Personalized Praise work (T317817).
- Growth SpecialPages
- The Moderator Tools team is gradually taking over ownership of PageTriage and has a project planned to work on improvements to PageTriage.
- In the meantime the Growth team added some better baseline instrumentation: PageTriage Debugging Grafana dashboard (T324747).
- When someone wants to sign up as a mentor, they are now informed if they don't meet the defined criteria (T321500).
Update 2023-01-19: Newcomer experience projects & Positive reinforcement update
- Newcomer experience projects
- The Growth team has been partnering with other WMF teams to conduct several experiments aimed at increasing new editor activation and retention. An overview of the four main projects completed are available here: Newcomer experience projects
- Positive reinforcement
- Welcome survey
- On January 30th, we will deploy the welcome survey to Vietnamese Wikipedia (T325376). After this update, all language editions of Wikipedia with Growth tools enabled will receive the Welcome survey.
- Newcomer experience + New article creation
- A few Growth team members are meeting with New Pages Patrol representatives and other English wikipedia community members to discuss improvements for newcomers who come to the wikis primarily interested in article creation (meeting details). The Growth team hopes to learn more about current NPP challenges and consider how a project around Article Creation for Newcomers fits into the plans of the Growth team. If this project is prioritized we will spend more time gathering feedback from other wikis and especially focus on feedback from new editors.
Update 2023-01-13: Positive reinforcement updates and Mentorship improvement
- Positive Reinforcement
- We released several Impact module improvements including a change to the logic of how we are displaying “Total edits” (T325216).
- The new Impact module is still being A/B tested on Pilot wikis. We will conduct a thorough analysis once the experiment has run long enough to gather retention metrics, but in the meantime the impact module leading indicators appear healthy.
- Thanks has been added to Watchlists, Contributions, and Recent Changes (T51541, T90404). We will soon work on design ideas for improvements to the confirmation step (T315859).
- Add a Link
- Newcomers at Growth pilot wikis will now receive “add a link” suggestions for articles that are more clearly "underlinked" (T301096). After discussing this change with Pilot communities and looking at “add a link” metrics we will decide if this change should be released to more wikis.