Release status: stable
|Compatibility policy||Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backwards compatible.|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the Vector skin if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix;|
|Issues:||Open tasks · Report a bug|
Isang skin na base sa MonoBook, na may iba't-ibang pagbabago
In recent years the skin underwent a number of technical changes, e.g. the switch to Mustache to support the construction of Skin:Vector/2022 as part of the work done by the Reading/Web/Desktop Improvements initiative.
- If using Vagrant, install with
vagrant roles enable vector -p
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadSkin( 'Vector' );
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the skin is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing skins using
wfLoadSkin(), since MediaWiki 1.25. If you need to install this skin in earlier versions, instead of
wfLoadSkin( 'Vector' );, you need to use:
(To run a skin on an earlier release, you may need to download the version of it tagged for that release from Special:SkinDistributor.)
Setting the default skin to Vector
A default skin should be set for new users of a wiki by setting the variable
LocalSettings.php to the lowercase skin name specified in the skin file:
$wgDefaultSkin = 'vector'; // uncomment the following line to restore "classic" Vector appearance. // $wgVectorDefaultSkinVersion = '1';
Mga opsyon sa konpigyurasyon
- Manood at mag-unwatch bilang isang icon imbis na isang link.
- Supported Values:
true— gumamit ng isang icon na watch/unwatch na button
false— gumamit ng watch/unwatch na tekstong link
$wgVectorUseIconWatch = true;
wgVectorResponsive (< 1.36)
Experimental setting to make Vector a responsive skin that adapts to mobile phones. Not actively being tested or used in production (yet) but relatively stable and false by default.
- Supported Values:
true— Use responsiveness to improve usability in narrow viewports
false— No responsiveness
Note as of 1.36 this experimental feature flag no longer works in the default Vector skin. Those looking for a responsive Vector skin can use #New Vector skin in 1.36+ at their own risk.
wgVectorPrintLogo (< 1.36, removed in 1.36)
Logo used in print styles.
'height' (in pixels).
Note that this solution only works correctly if the image pointed to by
'url' is an SVG that does not specify width and height attributes, or its width and height match the corresponding variables below.
Alternatively, a PNG or other type of image can be used, but its dimensions also need to match the corresponding variable below.
That in turn may result in blurry images, though.
In 1.36, please use Manual:$wgLogos
$wgVectorPrintLogo = [ 'url' => 'https://en.wikipedia.org/static/images/mobile/copyright/wikipedia-wordmark-en.svg', 'width' => 174, 'height' => 27 ];
- Basic features of the Vector skin
- Reduced clutter, primarily by reducing the number of lines on screen
- More prominent placement of the search portal
- Visual separation of the content-action and namespace links, the former of which being divided into view tabs and action menu items
- Automatic increase/decrease of margins throughout the user interface based on browser size
- Use of a star icon for watch and unwatch actions
- Added features of the Vector extension (some of these features have later been merged into the Vector skin or into the MediaWiki Core or have been removed)
- Simplified search portal, including suggestions
- Collapsible navigation portals
- Alert when leaving an edit page without saving
- Automatic hiding of tabs that do not fit on screen
- Experimental Vector extension features
- Simplified footer content
- Search box expands on focus
- Section edit links are moved to be directly next to heading instead of on the right, and use an icon
- CollapsibleNav support via CollapsibleVector extension
The collapsible navigation portals are now provided by the CollapsibleVector extension which will have to be installed additionally.
Smartphone and tablet design
Vector will work on many mobile devices, but it is not fully optimized for mobile devices. This will be rectified in the new version of Vector that is currently in development: #New_Vector_skin_in_1.36+_2.
History of the skin
Vector became default skin in 2010 (MediaWiki 1.17, git #2833b07a), succeeding MonoBook. It had been created in 2009 as part of the work done by the Wikipedia Usability Initiative. In 2021, as part of the MediaWiki 1.36 release it will see an update as part of the work done by the Reading/Web/Desktop Improvements initiative.
Maraming mga pagbabago sa paggamit ang Vector kumpara sa predecessor nito.
Ito ang kauna-unahang skin na ihiwalay ang flat level na
content_actions sa nakakategoryang
Sa umpisa, ang pangunahing pang-andar ay nasa core skin, habang ang ilan sa mga espesyal na tampok ng Vector ay hinahawak ng isang hiwalay na extension (Extension:Vector). The extension has since been merged into the skin itself.
Dark mode customizations
Many solutions relying on MediaWiki:Common.css exist to support a dark version of the skin, including Skin:Vector/Wikipedia-userstyle-dark-minimum. An alternative skin to Vector exists that allows you to install as a separate skin at Skin:DarkVector.
Note all of these are supported by third parties, not the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Skin:Vector/2022 The 2022 version of Vector
- Skin:MonoBook – MediaWiki's previous default skin
- Skin:DarkVector – Dark theme of the same skin
- Skin:Vector/VectorBook.css – CSS code to get the book background image from Skin:MonoBook in this skin.
- Skin:Vector/monobook-replica.css – An experiment to make Vector appear as similar to MonoBook as possible using CSS code applied on top of it.
- Skin:Vector/Customize - How to Customize appearance and add some custom HTML code in different places.
New Vector skin in 1.38+
|Ginagamit ang skin na ito sa isa o mas maraming proyekto ng Wikimedia. Ibig sabihin nito na ang skin na ito ay stable at gumagana nang mabuti upang magamit ng mga websayt na matataas ang trapik. Tignan ang pangalan ng skin na ito sa mga talaksang konpigyurasyong CommonSettings.php at InitialiseSettings.php ng Wikimedia upang makita kung saan ito naka-install. Makikita ang isang buong talaan ng mga skin na naka-install sa isang partikular na wiki sa Special:Version na pahina ng wiki.|