|相容性方針||Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backwards compatible.|
|許可協議||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Issues:||Open tasks · Report a bug|
- If using Vagrant, install with
vagrant roles enable vector -p
wfLoadSkin( 'Vector' );
- Done - 喺你嘅wiki上打開Special:Version，確認佈景主題已經安裝成功。
A default skin should be set for new users of a wiki by setting the variable
LocalSettings.php to the lowercase skin name specified in the skin file:
$wgDefaultSkin = 'vector'; // uncomment the following line to restore "classic" Vector appearance. // $wgVectorDefaultSkinVersion = '1';
Watch and unwatch as an icon rather than a link.
- Supported values:
true— use an icon watch/unwatch button
false— use watch/unwatch text link
$wgVectorUseIconWatch = true;
1.26 – 1.35
false by default.
- Supported values:
1.30 – 1.35
'height' (in pixels).
Note that this solution only works correctly if the image pointed to by
'url' is an SVG that does not specify width and height attributes, or its width and height match the corresponding variables below.
Alternatively, a PNG or other type of image can be used, but its dimensions also need to match the corresponding variable below.
That in turn may result in blurry images, though.
For MediaWiki 1.36 and higher, the print logo will simply be set from Manual:$wgLogos.
$wgVectorPrintLogo = [ 'url' => 'https://en.wikipedia.org/static/images/mobile/copyright/wikipedia-wordmark-en.svg', 'width' => 174, 'height' => 27 ];
- Visual separation of the content-action and namespace links, the former of which being divided into view tabs and action menu items
- Automatic increase/decrease of margins throughout the user interface based on browser size
- Use of a star icon for watch and unwatch actions
- Added features of the Vector extension (some of these features have later been merged into the Vector skin or into the MediaWiki Core or have been removed)
- Simplified search portal, including suggestions
- Collapsible navigation portals
- Alert when leaving an edit page without saving
- Automatic hiding of tabs that do not fit on screen
- Experimental Vector extension features
- Simplified footer content
- Search box expands on focus
- Section edit links are moved to be directly next to heading instead of on the right, and use an icon
- CollapsibleNav support via CollapsibleVector extension
The collapsible navigation portals are now provided by the CollapsibleVector extension which will have to be installed additionally.
Smartphone and tablet design
Vector will work on many mobile devices, but it is not fully optimized for mobile devices. This latest version of Vector, Vector 2022, has better support for mobile devices.
History of the skin
Vector was created in 2009 as part of the work done by the Wikipedia Usability Initiative. It became MediaWiki's default skin in 2010 (MediaWiki 1.17, git #2833b07a), succeeding MonoBook. In 2022, as part of the MediaWiki 1.38 release, it was updated as part of the work done by the Reading/Web/Desktop Improvements initiative.
Vector provides a number of usability improvements over its predecessor MonoBook.
It was the first skin to separate the flat level
content_actions into the categorized
At the beginning, the basic functionality was included in the core skin, while some of Vector's special features were handled by a separate extension, Extension:Vector. In MediaWiki 1.22, the extension was merged into the skin.
Dark mode customizations
Many solutions relying on MediaWiki:Common.css exist to support a dark version of the skin, including Skin:Vector/Wikipedia-userstyle-dark-minimum. An alternative skin to Vector exists that allows you to install as a separate skin at Skin:DarkVector.
Note all of these are supported by third parties, not the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Skin:Vector/2022 The 2022 version of Vector
- Skin:DarkVector – Dark theme of the same skin
- Skin:Vector/VectorBook.css – CSS code to get the book background image from Skin:MonoBook in this skin.
- Skin:Vector/monobook-replica.css – An experiment to make Vector appear as similar to MonoBook as possible using CSS code applied on top of it.
- Skin:Vector/Customize - How to Customize appearance and add some custom HTML code in different places.
New Vector skin in 1.38+
|This skin is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the skin is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this skin's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the skins installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|
|This skin is included in the following packages and/or wiki farms:|