This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
Wikimedia has participated in Outreachy since 2013. Outreachy provides internships in open source and open science, to people subject to systemic bias and impacted by underrepresentation in the technical industry where they are living. It is a three-month, full-time internship and runs two editions every year. It is overseen by Wikimedia's Developer Advocacy team. Wikimedia provides funding for Outreachy internships. See full program timeline here.
Current and past editionsEdit
- Zhurakhinskaya, Marina. "Outreachy and the road toward diversity." Interview. Opensource.com. N.p., 24 August 2015. Web.
- October 1: application period opens
- October 1 – November 11: applicants need to get in touch with at least one project and make a contribution to it
- November 11: application deadline at 7pm UTC
- November 25: accepted participants announced on this page at 7pm UTC
- December 10 – March 10: internship period