Pywikibot is a Python library and collection of scripts that automate work on MediaWiki sites. Originally designed for Wikipedia, it is now used throughout the Wikimedia Foundation's projects and on many other wikis.
- A new stable release 5.1.0 has been deployed. It is marked with
- A new stable release 5.0.0 has been deployed. This release is no longer supporting MediaWiki 1.18 and below
- Python 3.9.0 final was released.
- Note: Python 3.5 has reached its end of life.
- A new stable release 4.3.0 has been deployed. This is the last release supporting MediaWiki 1.14–1.18.
- A new stable release 4.0.0 has been deployed which supports Python 3.5+ only.
- Pywikibot release
3.0.20200703is available. It is marked with
python2tag. This is the last version which supports Python 2.7–3.4
- Note: See also: Pywikibot compatibility with Python and MediaWiki