OOUI, geliştiricilerin duyarlı web kullanıcı arayüzleri ve uygulamaları oluşturmasına olanak tanır.
Sağdan sola dillerin tam desteğiyle uluslararasılaştırmaya hazırdır, Web İçeriği Erişilebilirlik Yönergelerine uygun olarak erişilebilir ve çok sayıda tarayıcıda tutarlı bir şekilde çalışır.
The OOUI library contains:
- ready-to-use widgets, layouts, and windows that can be instantiated directly or easily extended,
- elements that can be easily mixed and matched to create custom user interfaces.
OOUI is pronounced oh-oh-you-eye.
Future of OOUI alongside Codex
Codex's toolkit will replace OOUI as the default user interface library. Currently development at the Wikimedia Foundation is focused on Codex, the design system for Wikimedia. It features guidelines and a set of tools: design tokens, components, and icons.
New OOUI feature development is limited only to products that are bound to it and have not (yet) been adapted to use Codex instead.
Note that in JS-only gadgets and userscripts, Codex can't replace OOUI as of September 2023, at least not in any practical way. For gadget/userscript developers, there is currently no successor for OOUI available. You can participate in the discussion about enabling Codex for gadgets and userscripts.
See the sidebar for a full list of documentation subpages.
- API documentation generated from the source code on doc.wikimedia.org
- Interactive demos online and in the project's
- OOJS/OOUI kick starter — ready to code and demo user interface.