Platform Engineering Team
This page is currently a draft.
This team has the primary responsibility for the Platform that supports the projects of the Wikimedia Movement. The platform is comprised of MediaWiki, Data Platform, API Platform, Platform Operations, WMF Dumps and the Wikimedia service infrastructure which provides our services, APIs and tools. Additionally, the team supports MediaWiki as a FLOSS product to be used by 3rd parties to host and share knowledge in a variety of contexts.
We shepherd Wikimedia’s essential software and infrastructure technologies enabling our users and developers to unlock free knowledge.
Collaborating with us
I want to:
- learn more about how we provide platforms as a service for partner teams, the community and the Foundation
- work together
- get help / support for Platform owned software, services or infrastructure
- see what Platform teams are working on
- learn about Platform's areas of responsibility
- review our Production SLOs
- see our Standard Operating Procedures
- meet our team members
This form can be used to request Platform Engineering team review of existing Code bases, Service, Mediawiki Extensions or infrastructure that is in need of stewardship for which we might be a good home.
Value Stream Teams
Value streams are how we align our subteams within Platform Engineering, focusing on building capabilities that support our future product and technology goals. See blow for a link to each value stream within the Platform Engineering team.