| Minerva Neue (Minerva)
Release status: stable
|Compatibility policy||Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backwards compatible.|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Example||Example on this wiki|
|Translate the Minerva Neue skin if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix;|
|Issues:||Open tasks · Report a bug|
Minerva is the skin that serves mobile traffic for Wikimedia projects across the world. Compared to other skins such as 스킨:벡터, it provides a much more simplistic user interface and is much more aggressive about optimizing for performance so that it can cater for mobile users.
It is optimized for use with 확장기능:모바일 프론트엔드 as the
wgDefaultMobileSkin but at the time of writing (current master and 1.35 release) this is a soft dependency and it will function without the extension installed.
If using the 1.34 release or earlier it is a hard dependency.
- Vagrant를 사용하고 있는 경우에는,
vagrant roles enable minerva -p로 설치해주세요
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- 아래의 코드를 LocalSettings.php의 말미에 추가합니다:
wfLoadSkin( 'MinervaNeue' ); $wgDefaultSkin = 'minerva';
- 완료 - 위키의 Special:Version에 이동해서, 스킨이 올바르게 설치된 것을 확인합니다.
미디어위키 $1 이하를 실행 중인 사용자에게:
위의 지시사항은 미디어위키 1.25부터 도입된
wfLoadSkin()을 사용하여 이 스킨을 설치하는 새로운 방법을 기술한 것입니다.
wfLoadSkin( 'MinervaNeue' ); 대신 초기 버전에 이 스킨을 설치하려면 다음을 사용해야 합니다:
(To run a skin on an earlier release, you may need to download the version of it tagged for that release from Special:SkinDistributor.)
- Note: Setting
$wgDefaultSkin = 'minerva'will make Minerva your default skin even in desktop view.
Ignore this line and instead use
$wgMFDefaultSkinClass = 'SkinMinerva'; if you want only MobileFrontend to use the Minerva skin.
Make sure to call
With MobileFrontend integrated the Minerva experience will be enhanced to include various other features including:
- Red link edit confirmation
- Reference pop-up drawer
- An enhanced search
- Better integration on mobile with many popular Wikipedia-style templates.
To benefit from these:
- Download and install the MobileFrontend extension.
Configuration is listed in the Minerva readme in your local download or online.
Recently deprecated configuration
- $wgMinervaCountErrors - previously used to count errors via statsd. In the unlikely event you were using it as a 3rd party please refer to Extension:WikimediaEvents for client side error logging.
Certain URLs in the main menu can be tweaked. These include:
- Random (via editing MediaWiki:Randompage-url)
- Portal URL (of Advanced editing mode via MediaWiki:Portal-url)
Certain menu items will be enabled automatically when the relevant extension is added.
- Nearby (provided by 확장기능:모바일 프론트엔드).
Desktop vs mobile modes
MobileFrontend provides additional capabilities that are not available in MediaWiki core.
When operating in mobile mode the following features are available:
- Sections can be collapsed and expanded.
Expanded sections are memorized in the browser's local storage.
- The menu contains different options depending on the current mode, e.g. Special:Preferences is available on desktop
- MediaWiki:Mobile.css (for mobile mode) or MediaWiki:Common.css (for desktop mode) will be loaded
- The skin will link to pages optimized for mobile provided by MobileFrontend if enabled. See 확장기능:모바일 프론트엔드 for more information.
The desktop mode of the site is experimental. Bug reports and patches are appreciated.
When operating in desktop mode there are various issues that we are working towards fixing. Your patches and help are welcomed.
Questions and answers
If you have a question not answered by the page – please feel free to use the talk page to raise them.
What do I get when I install MobileFrontend?
Minerva works without MobileFrontend but installing MobileFrontend will provide several enhancements – notably reference and red link pop-up drawers, and a mobile optimized search and custom editor. These optimizations will apply to the desktop and mobile version. Currently it is not possible to disable the mobile view link but patches to that effect will gladly be accepted!
|This skin is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the skin is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this skin's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the skins installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|