Get the Wikipedia iOS app from the App Store.
The FAQ is the main documentation for the iOS app.
Information and updates
We will post updates here.
The team and how to get involved
- Josh Minor – Product Owner
- Toni Sevener – Senior Engineer
- Matt Cleinman – Engineer
- Deepak Mantena – Engineer
- Carolyn Li-Madeo – User Experience (UX) Designer
Be a beta tester
Go here to help us as a beta tester!
Contribute to development
We welcome volunteers to contribute to the Wikipedia iOS app codebase.
What can I work on?
If you're looking for easy work, look at the tasks marked with the "Easy" tag. This link will show you all the "Easy" tasks in the iOS backlog.
If you're ready to pick up more difficult work, look at the iOS backlog and pick something from the Bug Backlog column. This link will show you all the tasks in the iOS backlog. If the status of the task is unclear or you need more information, feel free to leave a comment and we'll try to respond as soon as possible.
I found my task. What next?
Now you want to let the team know what you're working on.
- In Phabricator, assign the task to yourself.
- Add the tag representing the current release to the task. This link will take you to currently open releases. Tagging your task with the name of the release will add it to the release board.
- On the release board, move the task to the "Doing" column.
- When you're done developing, move the task to the "Needs Code Review" column.
I don't want to work on my task any more.
You can let us know by unassigning the task and moving it back to the "Tasks from Product Backlog" column.
How will I know that my contribution was accepted?
If your task gets moved to the "Ready for PM Signoff" column, it means that your contribution will be included in the upcoming release.
Code this way
The Wikipedia iOS app code is hosted on both GitHub and Gerrit.
This is the main repository, where iOS developers at the Foundation operate and release public betas via TestFlight. Pull requests via GitHub are the preferred contribution method.
- Wikimedia Apps/Team/iOS/Editing program – no longer updated