Wikimedia Apps/Office Hours
With the continuous progress that we have been making during the past couple of years in the apps team, we found that it’s a must to have two-way communication channels with the users; that’s why a community relations specialist dedicated to the team joined us during mid of 2022 and started to represent us in Wikimedia’s events.
We think it’s time now to start organizing and having office hours with users, where we can listen to live comments, suggested features and present our roadmap and upcoming projects.
Office Hours Edit
October 2023 Edit
The next office hour will be on the 27th of October at 5 p.m. UTC (check your zone’s exact time).
Feel free to share your questions and thoughts about Wikipedia’s mobile apps here in this section, we would love to hear from you ;) The last date to add your input will be on the 24th of October at 12:00 UTC.
Also, we can provide Arabic and French interpretations if we get +7 sign-ups for each language here before the 3rd of October.
If you'd like a one-day reminder before the meeting, simply add your username, and we'll ensure you don't miss it.
We will be waiting for you all!
You can add your thoughts, questions and usernames as follows:
- Thank you @Zblace, for sharing this question with us; it's noted and will be presented to our product manager for discussion during the meeting.
- ARamadan-WMF (talk) 14:42, 27 September 2023 (UTC)
2. Not sure if this is the right forum for suggestions ... but I'd like to mention two improvements to the mobile UI. (1) Grouping changes by page in the mobile watchlist. (2) Mobile edit lacks an option to view changes before saving. YBG (talk) 03:39, 27 September 2023 (UTC)
- Thanks for sharing your ideas, @YBG! This is a great place to speak your mind.
- We'll chat about both of these suggestions in our online meeting. We're really glad you're involved, and we're excited to talk about these topics. ARamadan-WMF (talk) 15:07, 27 September 2023 (UTC)
March 2023 Edit
We started to announce our first office hours during the first week of March 2023 as follows:
I would like to invite you to the first office hour for the mobile apps team in 2023.
It will take place on the 24th of March at 5 pm UTC. You can check your zone’s exact time through this zone stamp.
The host will be Jazmin Tanner, Lead Product Manager of the apps team, with a number of our software engineers.
You can join at the mentioned time through this link: https://meet.google.com/aww-miri-kik.
And the meeting will be recorded.
You can add your questions and thoughts about Wikipedia’s mobile apps here, and the last date to add your input will be on the 20th of March at 12:00 UTC.
We will be waiting for you all!
The office hour started on time with a number of our community users, the following points were discussed:
- History of apps
- App partnerships
- Work Prioritization
- Custom learning and Discovery
- Quick but impactful contributions
- Meaningful connections
- Platform reliability
- FY 23-24
There were also some questions from the attendees about the differentiation between the road map of the Android VS. the iOS one, the nearby feature for the Android and the beta versions too.