- To have a question answered, visit Project:Support desk.
- What is a wiki?
- Differences between Wikipedia, Wikimedia, MediaWiki, and wiki – If confused about the difference, read this article.
- Communication – Contact MediaWiki volunteers
Please check the following locations for help installing / running / using the MediaWiki software.
- The MediaWiki Handbook
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Technical Reference
- Public Domain User Manual (under development)
- Communication – Other sources of help.
If you have checked these pages and still need further help, then you can try asking a question at the support desk.
- Project:PD help – For discussing the public-domain help pages.
- Project:Manual – For discussing the Manual: namespace.
- Meta:MetaProject to transfer content to MediaWiki.org – For co-ordinating the move of pages from Meta.
- Project:Tasks – Ongoing site tasks. Get involved!
Questions and discussion
- Project:Support desk – For discussing issues about the MediaWiki software.
- Project:Village pump – For discussing issues about the MediaWiki site.