A few questions for youEdit
Hi there! Because you are a proud member of the community taskforce for the visual editor, I'm sending you this short questionnaire so that we can learn how to improve existing resources and about different ways to build and share community knowledge. Thanks for participating! I'll come back here to collect your answers on September 9th. I'll collate answers on the taskforce talk page. Talk to you soon, --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 17:50, 31 August 2016 (UTC)
PS: If for any reason you'd like to provide your answers privately, just send me an email instead.
- Was the existing documentation about how to adapt the visual editor to your context useful to you?
- Do you have ideas about how to improve or expand it? (Note it has been changed recently, here's what it looked like before.)
- What is your preferred format to learn about something or about how to get things done? Feel free to list tools or other resources, even if they aren't being used currently on our sites.
- What is the one thing related to adapting the visual editor which is not explained well anywhere and you're still struggling to learn more about?
- Did you create additional documentation/resources to help yourself and others? Like user guides, how-to/instruction pages, etc.? If so, please provide links.
- Did somebody else from WMF or your community assist you with the visual editor community work you did so far? Please list names and the ways they provided support (like, Alice sent me an email to explain how to do X). Please, add community members' names to the taskforce list if they are not there yet.
- Hello, here comes my answers:
- Well, to be honest I have not used that page a lot, if at all, but seems useful for those who are new with VE / or who want to help users in their community with VE.
- For me configuring Citoid is the hardest things that I hope would be easier. Many times when I'm adding a source using the automatical tool (Zotero?), it only adds a title and URL, but no site, date, language, and other useful information. A long time ago I tried adding some sites to Zotero, but it was too hard.
- I have created fi:Wikipedia:Visuaalinen muokkain (the main page for VE) and many other pages under this main page.
- Not really assisted, but we have a tech-guy on fiwiki, User:Zache, who have helped with VE. For example, by default the Citoid will print the citation date as "2016-05-05", and on fiwiki we use "5.5.2016", so Zache created some modules and fixed templates to show the dates in correct format (fi:Wikipedia:Kahvihuone_(tekniikka)/Arkisto_38#Visuaalisen_muokkaimen_p.C3.A4iv.C3.A4m.C3.A4.C3.A4r.C3.A4t).
Weighing in on Growth team workEdit
Hi Stryn -- thank you for weighing in when the Growth team was discussing ideas on what we would build. We've made a lot of progress in the last few months, and we're hoping you could take a look at some of our current work and post any thoughts you have. We're working on a "help panel" (comments can go here), and on the next steps for the "Personalized first day" project (comments can go here). Thank you for any time you give! -- MMiller (WMF) (talk) 21:53, 7 December 2018 (UTC)