Contributing to this wiki edit
I assume you're the person behind contributions such as this. A quick primer on MediaWiki discussion pages follows.
- Always sign posts by appending the string ~~~~. This will add your username and a timestamp. There's a helpful button for this above the edit window.
- Replies are generally indented using ":"s at the beginning of a line. Each subsequent ":" is a level deeper. For example:
Hello there. How are you? --User1 05:10, 16 February 2012 (UTC) : Hi! I'm good, you? --User2 05:11, 16 February 2012 (UTC) :: Pretty good. Thanks for asking. --User1 05:12, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
Hello there. How are you? --User1 05:10, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
- Hi! I'm good, you? --User2 05:11, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
- Pretty good. Thanks for asking. --User1 05:12, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
That way it's much easier to identify replies. For multi-line replies, there are two syntax choices:
: Hi! I'm good, you? : This is a paragraph at the same indentation level, see? --User2 05:11, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
: Hi! I'm good, you?<p>More text will follow in the next paragraph now. No need to close the p tag. --User2 05:11, 16 February 2012 (UTC)
Hi! When you uploaded File:Kafka at Wikimedia.pdf, you haven’t provided a license. Please release it under a free license, or it needs to be deleted. Thanks in advance, —Tacsipacsi (talk) 15:08, 30 June 2020 (UTC)
Did I do it?!
We sent you an e-mail edit
Really sorry for the inconvenience. This is a gentle note to request that you check your email. We sent you a message titled "The Community Insights survey is coming!". If you have questions, email email@example.com.
You can see my explanation here.
user page from meta edit
Hi. FYI, your meta user page would be displayed here if your actual user page were deleted (not just moved/blanked). If you would like that done let me (or any sysop) know. --Clump (talk) 21:11, 19 January 2021 (UTC)
Thanks! I requested a deletion here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Synchbot#Ottomata_(migrate_to_global_user_page)
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.