Hi! Need your help for migration of Communication/cs into new translation system. I've imported old translations into new version of Communication/cs and appeal to you to check and finish it. Thanks in advance! --Kaganer (talk) 22:35, 30 January 2013 (UTC)
Czech and NotificationsEdit
Thank you for helping with translations. It is invaluable work! I was wondering if you could help out with a small translation project.
We are releasing Notifications to the Czech Wikipedia next week. There are still three priorities to double check for translations to make sure they are complete and accurate so that the Wikipedia gets the best experience possible:
- Echo on translatewiki for user interface
- Thanks on translatewiki for user interface
- Notifications help on mediawiki.org. This page can be hosted after translation on mediawiki.org or we can localize it to this Wikipedia.
Hi Petr! I have been using the Category completer tool for adding pages to tawiki categories. I am requesting few things:
- Hotcat add option is not working properly. It would be great if the links opened in a new tab on clicking it.
- Would be useful if there was option to give output in wikitext syntax. like list of pages missing: [[page]]
- if possible could you release the source code for the tool.
- Unfortunately, Hotcat removed the option to trigger the add-category behavior from outside, and I don’t know of any other tool which would provide it. If you want to open the link in a new tab, use the middle mouse button (or hold Ctrl when clicking).
- I added a button to export the list in wikitext syntax (with the option to copy to clipboard, working only in some browsers).
- The source code is available.
- --Mormegil (talk) 12:53, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Petr. The wikimarkup option was very useful. Would it be possible to produce the wikimarkup output by accessing a link like: http://tools.wmflabs.org/mormegil/catcompleter/index.php?catname=2000&homelang=ta&sourcewiki=en&output=wikimarkup
- This will give us the opportunity to run bots to a larger extent. Is it possible to include categories too in the results.
Category completer, URL-based interfaceEdit
Hi, Mormegil! Thank you very much for the tool, it is very helpful. Is it possible to add a URL-based interface? like this https://tools.wmflabs.org/mormegil/catcompleter?lang=en&cat=SOMECATNAME. If you do that, it would be possible to create a gadget which will add a link in toolbox with which users can open your tool directly (from a category page). Thanks!--Ashot (talk) 16:47, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- Sorry, I have found the code. It turns out you have already implemented it https://tools.wmflabs.org/mormegil/catcompleter/?project=hy&catname=SOMECATNAME. Thanks!--Ashot (talk) 17:02, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
[WMF Board of Trustees - Call for feedback: Community Board seats] Meetings with MediaWiki and Wikitech communitiesEdit
The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees is organizing a call for feedback about community selection processes between February 1 and March 14. While the Wikimedia Foundation and the movement have grown about five times in the past ten years, the Board’s structure and processes have remained basically the same. As the Board is designed today, we have a problem of capacity, performance, and lack of representation of the movement’s diversity. Our current processes to select individual volunteer and affiliate seats have some limitations. Direct elections tend to favor candidates from the leading language communities, regardless of how relevant their skills and experience might be in serving as a Board member, or contributing to the ability of the Board to perform its specific responsibilities. It is also a fact that the current processes have favored volunteers from North America and Western Europe. In the upcoming months, we need to renew three community seats and appoint three more community members in the new seats. This call for feedback is to see what processes can we all collaboratively design to promote and choose candidates that represent our movement and are prepared with the experience, skills, and insight to perform as trustees?
In this regard, two rounds of feedback meetings are being hosted to collect feedback from the technical communities in Wikimedia. Two rounds are being hosted with the same agenda, to accomodate people from various time zones across the globe. We will be discussing ideas proposed by the Board and the community to address the above mentioned problems. Please sign-up according to whatever is most comfortable to you. You are welcome to participate in both as well!
- Round 1 - Feb 25, 4:00 pm UTC
- Round 2 - Mar 4, 4:00 am UTC
- Sign-up and meeting details: Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees/Call for feedback: Community Board seats/Conversations/MediaWiki and Wikitech
Also, please share this with other volunteers who might be interested in this. Let me know if you have any questions. KCVelaga (WMF), 14:38, 21 February 2021 (UTC)