Talk! DO IT NOW!
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Original Barnstar|
|haha~looks nice! Vvv214wth (talk) 00:14, 1 May 2013 (UTC)|
GSoC / OPW IRC AllHands this weekEdit
Hi, you are invited to the GSoC / OPW IRC AllHands meeting on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 15:00 UTC (8:30pm IST, 8am PDT) at #wikimedia-office. We have done our best finding a time that works decently in as many timezones as possibles. Please confirm at qgil wikimedia.org so I can add you to the calendar invitation and I have your preferred email for other occasions. If you can't make it's fine, but let me know as well. We have left a notice to all students, but your help is welcome making sure yours is aware about it. Thank you!--Qgil (talk) 20:29, 24 June 2013 (UTC)
Google Code-in: are you in?Edit
Hi, a year ago you were interested in mentoring at Google Code-In. This week we are working on a proposal to participate this year (the deadline to submit proposals is October 28). We are basically compiling tasks for Code-in students and recruiting mentors for tasks and meta-mentors for areas. If you are interested get involved now. Thank you! --Qgil (talk) 23:09, 21 October 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I would like to get your input upon my proposal, that can be implemented standalone, but some time in future would have to be connected to Real-time collaboration project. Please check https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Forum#On-wiki_chat and my post on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Future/Real-time_collaboration talk page.Tdfdc (talk) 16:35, 9 January 2014 (UTC)
Note on CommonsEdit
Hey there, have you considered opening a staff account so you don't have to prefix your comments with "as a member of the community, not as a staff member of Wikimedia Foundation". I think you've seen a lot of those around here, suffixed with (WMF) and the like. TeleComNasSprVen (talk) 05:05, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
- Honestly the thought had crossed my mind, but it's so intensely rare that I have to do that that I decided not to. I needed to at the MP4 RFC because there was a specific policy about not voicing staff opinions there, but other RFCs are basically not brought by the WMF very often, so I have decided not to really bother with the complication. You can otherwise assume that I'm acting under the guise of a member of the engineering community. :) --MarkTraceur (talk) 08:53, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
3D viewer needed ?Edit
Hi, I work for Wikimédia France, and one of our partners, working at BNU (Bibliothèque nationale et universitaire de Strasbourg) reached out to us to tell us he could dig in and find opportunities to provide us with a 3D viewer, if needed (in reference to this task on Phabricator : https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T3790). So... I'm enquiring whether there is still a need, to confirm or overturn the offer. Let me know ! Anne-Laure WMFr (talk) 13:51, 24 May 2016 (UTC)
- @Anne-Laure WMFr: Hi! I have asked our product manager to take a look. --MarkTraceur (talk) 14:57, 24 May 2016 (UTC)
- @Anne-Laure WMFr: Hey there.
- What kinds of 3D file are you and BNU thinking of? The kind of "simple" ones for 3D shape files (like you could make in a 3D printer) are the ones we have progress on so far.
- On phab:T132058, User:GDubuc (WMF) did some work during the Hackathon in Jerusalem in April on providing support for these and demo'ed it there. Since then, some of that work has been made ready – see Extension:3d – but it is waiting for security review and is not yet deployed. I don't know whether what he had for the client-side 3D file viewing was ready to go or not (it looked good). Maybe he might have some ideas?
- There's also other kinds of "3D" file. A simpler one is interactive panoramas, which might also be really good to support for e.g. Commons. Support on this would be great. The other kind, full 3D graphics (with textures and so on, like this example), though really impressive, has very big, fundamental security issues. It's unclear how we would overcome them, so for now we're not looking at that.
- Hope this helps! Jdforrester (WMF) (talk) 15:15, 24 May 2016 (UTC)
Сіз үшін орден!Edit
|Еңбегі сіңген әкімші|
|Иуаааа Бексултан (talk) 15:35, 8 November 2017 (UTC)|
Questionnaire invitation (a new tool to be developed, to verify media data)Edit
Hi there, I'm developing a tool to assist users in verifying (structured) data of media on commons.
To understand the community's needs, I would like to invite you to participate in this questionnaire: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScbNdJdQYN1yBvEeKne48eWDU6SBsdlUfNBAmZyvUEBkCR1Gg/viewform?usp=sf_link. It should take ~2 minutes.
Thanks a lot. :D
(You received this message as you seems to have experience with structured data on Wikimedia projects.)
How we will see unregistered usersEdit
You get this message because you are an admin on a Wikimedia wiki.
When someone edits a Wikimedia wiki without being logged in today, we show their IP address. As you may already know, we will not be able to do this in the future. This is a decision by the Wikimedia Foundation Legal department, because norms and regulations for privacy online have changed.
Instead of the IP we will show a masked identity. You as an admin will still be able to access the IP. There will also be a new user right for those who need to see the full IPs of unregistered users to fight vandalism, harassment and spam without being admins. Patrollers will also see part of the IP even without this user right. We are also working on better tools to help.
We have two suggested ways this identity could work. We would appreciate your feedback on which way you think would work best for you and your wiki, now and in the future. You can let us know on the talk page. You can write in your language. The suggestions were posted in October and we will decide after 17 January.
Thank you. /Johan (WMF)
18:17, 4 January 2022 (UTC)
Important: Admin activity review (2022)Edit
I hope that this message finds you well. I am writing to inform you that you may lose your advanced permissions on mediawiki.org because of inactivity.
A policy regarding the removal of advanced permissions (e.g.: administrator, bureaucrat, interface-admin, etc.) was adopted by community consensus in 2013. While initially that policy did not apply to this site, the mediawiki.org community decided in August 2020 to opt-in.
You are being notified because we have identified that your account meets the inactivity criteria stated in the policy: no edits and no administrative log actions for the last 2 years.
- If you want to keep your advanced permissions, you should inform the community (at Project:Village Pump) about the fact that the stewards have sent you this information about your inactivity. A community notice about this process has been also posted on said page. If the community has a discussion about it and supports your continued access to advanced permissions, please contact the stewards at the stewards noticeboard with a link to the discussion.
- If you wish to resign your advanced permissions, you may do so by filing a request for removal of permissions on Meta-Wiki.
- If there is no response at all after this notification, the stewards will proceed to remove your advanced permissions without further notice after one month.
In ambiguous cases, stewards will evaluate the responses and will refer a decision back to the local community for their comment and review.
If you have any questions, please let me know or feel free to message us at the stewards' noticeboard. If you feel we've made a mistake and your account is active, we'd also appreciate to let us know, and please accept our apologies.