User talk:Elitre (WMF)/Archive 1
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
Re: Ma io non lo so
Non mescolare le carte, l'hai chiesta tu. :P --Nemo 19:59, 1 July 2013 (UTC)
Ciao Erica, questo mese ho due corsi su Wikipedia, ed una ricorrente ricerca casa, ma collaboro molto volentieri alla traduzione dimmi cosa fare. Ciao Susanna --Susanna Giaccai (talk) 15:54, 12 July 2013 (UTC)
- Ok, capito, User guide ha la priorità, magari entro domani sera.. faremo il possibile, Ciao, Glo: --Glory sah (talk) 12:02, 18 July 2013 (UTC)
- Done, darling, 100% done, whit great satisfaction having helped all you.. Fiuu! E adesso.. tornerò con più calma al Portale, che tanto gli manca solo un 5%, poi aiuterò un poco la traduzione dei francesi, poi su translatewiki per le priorità della eml.wiipedia! Mi dirai senza esitare qualsiasi altra traduzione che avrai bisogno. Ciaaoo! :-DDD --Glory sah (talk) 20:58, 19 July 2013 (UTC)
Endless square brackets
Screenshot - traduzione
Ho tradotto le frasi che mi avevi indicato, ma, per non lavorare come una idiota, dove si vede poi la traduzione fatta? c'è una specifica azione di trasferimento dei testi in altri luoghi? era necesario mettere a fianco di ogni frase qualcosa? immagini? od altro? ciao--Susanna Giaccai (talk) 07:45, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
E come faccio io a sapere se 10.0.10 ESR è una delle "most recent versions"? --Nemo 21:40, 30 November 2013 (UTC)
- Purtroppo non siamo fra amici e non ho i sistemisti della Regione al mio controllo; se lo fossi direi loro di convertire immediatamente tutto a Linux e smetterei di pagare M$ il cui lavoro consiste nell'impedire ai miei dipendenti di lavorare. Cosí non è e quindi non posso permettermi di farmi assegnare eserciti di tecnici per installare browser a caso finché ne trovano uno che funzioni.
- Non vedo l'utilità di giocare colle parole: è evidente che "Firefox <qualcosa>" è Firefox ed è altrettanto evidente che una versione di 13 mesi fa può tranquillamente essere interpretata come facente parti delle piú recenti, dal lettore casuale come me o i tecnici di cui sopra. Liberissimo VE di funzionare anche solo con Chrom(e|ium) 27+, ci adeguiamo: ma che ci siano istruzioni chiare. --Nemo 10:59, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
- Grazie, inoltrato. Quindi la ESR 17 andrebbe bene? --Nemo 10:20, 4 December 2013 (UTC)
Grazie per la segnalazione
- Grazie per la risposta, ma il passaggio sul copiaeincolla non mi è molto chiaro. In effetti non ho la minima idea di dove gli spezzoni che traduco andranno a finire. Siccome non mi piace perder del tempo a far cose che poi non servono, il tuo iniziale messaggio mi ha bruscamente fermato. Preferisco dedicarmi ad altro, che so, un po' di edit o anche puro semplice lavoro sporco. No, non sono attivo in WMF, anche se ogni tanto vi ci ficco il naso. Ciao Carlotm (talk) 03:44, 7 January 2014 (UTC)
Macedonian translation of VE Help
zh-hant and zh-hans are now fully populated. All the other zh- variants are likely to be unnecessary for the purposes of such a technical tool, with (zh-cn, zh-my, zh-sg -> zh-hans), (zh-tw, zh-hk, zh-mo -> zh-hant). Deryck C.Meta 10:52, 7 August 2014 (UTC)
- MediaWiki:Visualeditor-mediasizewidget-label-scale - where is this used? Is it always a proportion (150% of original etc) or does it sometimes refer to an absolute size (in pixels or inches etc)? Deryck C.Meta 11:07, 7 August 2014 (UTC)
- And what are the contexts for these "yes" and "no"s? (Chinese languages do not have a word for "yes" and "no", instead replying with the positive and negative forms of the main verb.)
neet to activate translating
hello i need to activate translation for this page 
however this time i translate many pages in commons and meta
- how i can be a translation administrator?
- where should i deposit a request ?
Bouncy little Ball
Hello Elitre, I am not sure if this is the right place to find help but let me give it a try. I noticed well over a month ago, this little bouncy ball at the top left corner of any Wikipedia page when I log-in. Although it doesn't seem to do any harm or slow down a loading page, I'm just curious to know what it is. Could someone probably be collecting data on me that I don't know of. Best Regards. Masssly (talk) 17:44, 3 February 2015 (UTC)
Starting conversion of LiquidThreads to Flow at mediawiki.org
Hello. I'm sending this to you, because you've been one of the top 50 users of LQT on mediawiki.org over the last 360 days, and I wanted to make sure that you'd seen the announcement at Starting conversion of LiquidThreads to Flow at mediawiki.org. There are links in the topic-summary at the top, for other discussions (wikitech-l and Project:Current_issues), and a link to the planned process and timeline (scheduled to begin April 6, with smaller conversions at first). Please do test Flow out at Talk:Sandbox if you haven't tried it recently, and give any feedback/suggestions/requests at that main discussion location. Much thanks, Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 23:56, 27 March 2015 (UTC)
From last few months, when I am trying to delete any page on Hindi wikipedia (hiwiki) with bot account then it show an error. Can you please help me, where can I get help and what can I do. (Error message is as: http://hi.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&format=json&meta=userinfo&uiprop=blockinfo%7Cgroups%7Crights%7Chasmsg%7Cratelimits%7Cpreferencestoken )☆★Sanjeev Kumar (talk) 14:04, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
- Actually, we don't have a big community and there is no active expert in techinical issues. Thanks for help.☆★Sanjeev Kumar (talk) 16:43, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
day after day visualeditor improves more; I congratulate you for this work there are still many improvements to be done; but it is already better than before
You might want to glance over Help:VisualEditor/User guide/Citations-Templates. The goal is to separate the docs into "Basic" (what mw.org has), "Templates" (what el.wp has) and "Citoid" (what en.wp has). Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 20:10, 6 July 2015 (UTC)
Early invitation: join VisualEditor's 2015 Translathon
You are invited to join the 2nd edition of the VisualEditor Translathon! It is a translation rally, focused on interface messages and help pages related to VisualEditor.
In order to participate, you need to sign up on the Translathon page. The top 3 contributors will each win a Wikipedia t-shirt of their choice from the Wikipedia store. Translations made between July 15th and July 19th (CDT time zone) qualify.
If you are attending Wikimania Mexico this year, you are also welcome to join a related sprint during the Hackathon in Workplace 1 - Don Américo, Thursday 16 July at 4:00 p.m (CDT) at the conference venue, so you can meet other fellow translators and get support if you need some.
Interface messages have the priority. You will need to create an account at translatewiki.net in order to work on them, if you don't have one. It is recommended to create the account ASAP, so that it can be manually confirmed in time.
You can also help translate documentation pages about VisualEditor on mediawiki.org. You can use your Wikipedia account there. You will find instructions, links and other details on the Translathon page.
Thanks for your attention, and happy translating! Elitre (WMF) 02:27, 11 July 2015 (UTC)
- You can choose between any short-sleeve shirt, or other items for the same value.
- This means both new translations, and updates for messages in the "Outdated" tab of the translation interface.
From Tuvan Wikipedia
This VE-related help page hasn't been changed much since I last edited it. I want to let you know that there is a list of issues/questions that I think are still unresolved. You'll find them (last seven bulleted items) here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:John_Broughton#User_guide_-_citations John Broughton (talk) 15:58, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
- I have a couple of questions regarding this post. First, I have registered to contribute in the translation project and also did some translations, but my name is not still added to this list. Can you please let me know how can I add my name to this list. Another question, can I contribute in translation for more than one language? Thanks, Pirehelokan (talk) 23:40, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
- It will be very kind of you if you can validate it manually. Thanks, Pirehelokan (talk) 03:30, 14 July 2015 (UTC)
Visual editors should also give people a view of the source code
It may be interesting to have an enable-able setting inside the visual editor that gives people a view of the source code, side by side with the graphical WYSIWYG. This can help people learn wikicode faster, but also won't get in the way of people that find wikicode a little too daunting.
A second problem I have for now is the visual translator editor is keeping my translations "prisoner" and won't publish them (Error: 503). The visual editor should also export the wikicode, which people can then manually paste somewhere. Is there an outage of the visual translation interface? There is no news of that anywhere. In any event, a simple "export wikicode" feature is very useful to a lot of people. Right now, the translator interface helps me a lot by simply converting the links automatically, and I can then focus mainly on the text of the articles. Jobava-ro (talk) 05:21, 15 August 2015 (UTC)
- PS: I'm not sure why they are very lazy, but as you can see their yue:Wikipedia:VisualEditor (psst, just yue as per phab:T23915) is also a soft redirect.
- TL;DR @Shinjiman, Deryck Chan: Do you agree to change that page as only a redirect? --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 00:06, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Shinjiman, Liuxinyu970226:, thanks for your message! At this time though Cantonese is not included in the list of wikis whose feedback should be centralized. We need a lot of feedback there re: VisualEditor/IME Testing, and that's better collected locally (if you or anyone you know can help with that, that's much appreciated!). --Elitre (WMF) (talk) 06:16, 28 August 2015 (UTC)