| Vector 2022
|Yhteensopivuuskäytäntö||Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backwards compatible.|
|Lisenssi||GNU General Public License 2.0 tai myöhempi|
|Voit kääntää Vector/2022-ulkoasun, mikäli se on saatavilla translatewiki.netissä|
|Check usage and version matrix;|
|Ongelmat:||Avoimet tehtävät · Raportoi bugista|
Vector 2022 is the second evolution of the MediaWiki Vector skin and is in development as part of the Desktop improvements project and in MediaWiki 1.38. It is the default skin for various Wikimedia projects.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadSkin( 'Vector' );
- Tehty - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the skin is successfully installed.
Vector 2022 makes use of the following extensions, though none are hard requirements:
- Extension:UniversalLanguageSelector - for the language switch button
- Extension:PageImages - If you want to include an image for the page (if available) in the new search bar
- Extension:ShortDescription - If you want to include a description for the page in the new search bar (Wikimedia projects does not use this; the description comes from Wikibase instead)
Note about 1.38 release
The 1.38 release marked official 3rd party support for the skin however between 1.36 and 1.38 the skin has been available at 3rd parties own risk.
If a site has been using new Vector between 1.36 to 1.38, they will hit challenges when upgrading to the 1.38 release. This is unavoidable and one of the reasons why we've been discouraging the use of the new skin prior to 1.38.
If you have been using Vector 2022 as the default skin, they will need to update wgDefaultSkin in LocalSettings.php after upgrading:
$wgDefaultSkin = 'vector-2022';
If the site allowed users to opt into the new experience, these users will be served legacy Vector, and would need to revisit Special:Preferences to update their skin preference to Vector 2022.
For large wikis, where a change in skin may be disruptive to logged in users, you may want to consider writing a maintenance script to upgrade existing database preferences. See T299104 and Extension:WikimediaMaintenance for more details.
Note Vector has several unstable feature flags that may disappear at any time. Most of these feature flags relate to incomplete features. We do not recommend changing any feature flag from its default value unless listed here.
Can be used to configure whether the max-width applies. Relatively stable at this point.
Controls whether the language button shows on the main page in the header.