Release status: stable
|Compatibility policy||Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backwards compatible.|
|Example||Example on MediaWiki Skins Wiki, Wikimedia Skins Lab|
|Quarterly downloads||15 (Ranked 29th)|
|Public wikis using||9 (Ranked 100th)|
|Public wikis using as default skin||0|
|Translate the Mirage skin if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues:||Open tasks · Report a bug|
Mirage is a responsive skin that focuses on displaying content with a rail on the right.
About the name
Mirage is based on Oasis, the skin used by FANDOM. Rather than be an exact copy of the Oasis skin, Mirage is a reflection of Oasis' appearance; a mirage of an oasis.
Mirage supports on-wiki configuration for several of its features.
Mirage will use the wordmark from
mirage-wordmark.png when that file exists and
$wgMirageEnableWordmark is enabled.
The file should be 250 pixels wide and 65 pixels high.
Mirage can use navigation defined in MediaWiki:sidebar, but also supports enhanced navigation through the
It uses the same syntax as MediaWiki:sidebar does, but with support for nesting, allowing each navigation dropdown to have a submenu.
Community messages is a right rail module that displays the content of
MediaWiki:mirage-community-messages. It only shows if that message is not disabled.
Mirage supports avatars through three extensions: Gravatar, SocialProfile and Avatar.
- If using Vagrant, install with
vagrant roles enable mirage -p
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadSkin( 'Mirage' );
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the skin is successfully installed.
Mirage supports the theme extension out of the box. Additionally, if the Theme extension isn't installed, setting
$wgMirageTheme to any of the supported themes listed below, allows enabling the theme manually. This is currently the only way Mirage can provide a dark mode.
- This setting controls if the file
mirage-wordmark.pngshould be used as the wordmark. When enabled, users can change the wordmark by uploading a new version of that file. The file should be 250 pixels wide and 65 pixels high.
- This file should be protected against re-uploads to prevent changes to the wordmark without the proper permissions.
- If the file does not exist, or if this setting is disabled, a wordmark will be created from the value of
- This setting controls the default theme of Mirage, when the theme extension isn't installed. Currently, Mirage supports the neutral and darkmirage themes.
- This setting is for development use and disables the caching of the Mustache templates that make up Mirage.
- This setting contains a list of right rail modules that should not be shown. The list consists of module names.
- This setting affects the initial visibility of the right rail for anonymous users. By default, the right rail is not visible.
- Cosmos - A more true-to-the-original skin of Oasis.
- Onyx - Another Oasis inspired skin.
- Westeros - An Oasis/FandomDesktop inspired skin.
|This skin is included in the following packages and/or wiki farms:|