Release status: stable
|Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backwards compatible.
|Example on MediaWiki Skins Wiki, Wikimedia Skins Lab
|18 (Ranked 24th)
|Public wikis using
|9 (Ranked 103rd)
|Public wikis using as default skin
|Translate the Mirage skin if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Open tasks · Report a bug
Mirage is a responsive skin that focuses on displaying content with a rail on the right.
About the name edit
Mirage is based on Oasis, the skin used by FANDOM. Rather than be an exact copy of the Oasis skin, Mirage is a reflection of Oasis' appearance; a mirage of an oasis.
Mirage supports on-wiki configuration for several of its features.
Mirage will use the wordmark from
mirage-wordmark.png when that file exists and
$wgMirageEnableWordmark is enabled.
The file should be 250 pixels wide and 65 pixels high.
Mirage can use navigation defined in MediaWiki:sidebar, but also supports enhanced navigation through the
It uses the same syntax as MediaWiki:sidebar does, but with support for nesting, allowing each navigation dropdown to have a submenu.
Community messages edit
Community messages is a right rail module that displays the content of
MediaWiki:mirage-community-messages. It only shows if that message is not disabled.
Mirage supports avatars through three extensions:
- If using Vagrant, install with
vagrant roles enable mirage -p
Mirage supports the Theme extension out of the box. Additionally, if the Theme extension isn't installed, setting
$wgMirageTheme to any of the supported themes listed below, allows enabling the theme manually. This is currently the only way Mirage can provide a dark mode.
- This setting controls if the file
mirage-wordmark.pngshould be used as the wordmark. When enabled, users can change the wordmark by uploading a new version of that file. The file should be 250 pixels wide and 65 pixels high.
- This file should be protected against re-uploads to prevent changes to the wordmark without the proper permissions.
- If the file does not exist, or if this setting is disabled, a wordmark will be created from the value of
- This setting controls the default theme of Mirage, when the Theme extension isn't installed. Currently, Mirage supports the neutral and darkmirage themes.
- This setting is for development use and disables the caching of the Mustache templates that make up Mirage.
- This setting contains a list of right rail modules that should not be shown. The list consists of module names.
- This setting affects the initial visibility of the right rail for anonymous users. By default, the right rail is not visible.
See also edit
- Cosmos - A more true-to-the-original skin of Oasis.
- Onyx - Another Oasis inspired skin.
- Westeros - An Oasis/FandomDesktop inspired skin.
|This skin is included in the following wiki farms/hosts and/or packages: