Release status: stable
|Implementation||User activity, Special page|
|Description||Summarizes the most prominent contributors to an article|
|Author(s)||Rob Church (original), Yaron Koren, Ike Hecht|
|Latest version||2.0 (2015-07-08)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the Contributors extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The Contributors extension provides an includable special page which summarizes the most prominent contributors to an article. The page can be accessed as a normal special page, or included into other pages to provide an automated list, which is useful for attribution.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Run the script that will populate the database with contributors from existing articles:
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
The list can be accessed as a conventional special page, or through inclusion into another page.
The special page is located at "Special:Contributors" and provides an interface to select an article. You can also access this page using the "main contributors" link in the toolbox when viewing an article; the results for that page will be shown.
You can transclude a list of names into another page using the inclusion mechanism, e.g.
You can also create a template with the following code on it, and add it to your articles.
will produce a list of the most prominent contributors to
There's also a parser function that displays the contributors in a plain list, like so: Joe, Moe and Jane.
You can also filter anons from the list of contributors, like so:
$wgContributorsLinkUserslinks the user names to their User page. Doesn't affect the Special page, which is always linked. (default
- Extension:ContributionCredits - adds a ==Contributors== footer on each page.
- Extension:DynamicPageList - can produce lists of revision history for multiple articles.
- Extension:Semantic Extra Special Properties - See property
- Manual:$wgMaxCredits - displays credits without requiring an extension, appending
?action=creditsto the url builtin MediaWiki feature