Hello Yug, I've moved your question from our internal forum to the Support desk now, see . Greetings --:Bdk: 05:43, 2 April 2007 (UTC)
Greetings! Would you have time and interest in being a mentor for Lingua Libre project in Google Summer of Code 2018 for Wikimedia? SSethi (WMF) (talk) 12:31, 13 February 2018 (UTC)
- Hello SSethi, thanks for thinking about us !
- 1. Deadlines : If I understand well Wikimedia France > LinguaLibre missed the first deadline (See Google_Summer_of_Code/2018#Program_timeline : «January 23- mentoring organization applications due»). Is it still ok ?
- 2. Ongoing revamp : LinguaLibre is under massive revamp these days thanks to the Project Grants (See meta:Grants:Project/0x010C/LinguaLibre). There was a high number of changes and new features added in February 2018 and expected in coming months.
2018/04 : Beta expected.
2018/05 : Official release expected.
(Expected = very probable, but there is uncertainty).
- 3. Visibility : Accordingly, given the speed of changes, we currently have low visibility for this 2018 summer's needs in term of coding mission and technologies. We can raise the issue in our next bi-monthly meeting.
- 4. Recording (information) : From April (Beta) and on, our team will mainly focuses its energies on leading on-the-ground recording sessions. But we surely can design and mentor a willing young coder.
- Your help is welcome to guide us a bit (point 1). --Yug (talk) 11:39, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
- SSethi, I think we have a project... Need polishing and discussion within the team. Keep you informed. --Yug (talk) 17:10, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
- Yug, First, apologies for late response. Notification for your reply to this topic somehow fell through the cracks. Although, we are late for this round. But, if you have a project still, I would be happy to learn about it and add it to our list of project ideas for the future round. SSethi (WMF) (talk) 20:08, 14 March 2018 (UTC)
- SSethi (WMF), it sometimes happen.
- We are considering few projects rawly drafted so far. If there is a chance to catch up I can do a sprint to polish them by otherwise I come back to you in few month. It is also possible that we just attack these project ourselves as pet project on weekends, or small $4~10k WM project grants. Keep you updated on these. --Yug (talk) 16:11, 15 March 2018 (UTC)
- Sounds good, Yug! SSethi (WMF) (talk) 20:21, 15 March 2018 (UTC)