Thanks for your workEdit
Thanks for your past contributions to MediaWiki!
You might be interested in a database-related bug triage that we did last week.
Best, Sumana Harihareswara Volunteer Development Coordinator Wikimedia Foundation 7 Nov 2011
Git repository requestEdit
- Yep, that was me. I have logged in and made a small edit now. Thanks for notifying me. Valhallasw (talk) 21:40, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
All right, thank you. I've protected this page from anyonmous users now (by abuse filter to not exclude very new user accounts). Regards, Tim (SVG) 22:22, 1 December 2013 (UTC)
Reviewer bot sqlEdit
Hello, would something like this work?  Ideally it would be done only for Wikimedia-deployed extensions but that sounds hard. Yes, I'll ask him if he likes the idea when you confirm it actually can work. :) --Nemo 12:48, 20 June 2014 (UTC)
Hello, I think that MediaWiki would benefit from acknowledging your contribution in leading/maintaining a certain portion of the wiki ecosystem. If I see correctly, you have little code review activity in mediawiki/* repositories, but in practice you often offer your perspective etc. Is there any area you would like to flag as being of your interest, e.g. by adding yourself to the "in training" column at Developers/Maintainers. --Nemo 11:12, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
Please provide feedback on suggested improvements to the Code of ConductEdit
Thanks to everyone who’s helped work on the Code of Conduct so far.
These are important sections, so please take a look at the proposed changes. I apologize that this feedback arrived later than planned, but I think this will create a better document.
If you prefer to give your opinion privately, feedback via e-mail is welcome at conduct-discussion wikimedia.org.
Please participate again in improving the "Conflict of interest" sectionEdit
The "Conflict of interest" section was not approved earlier.
There has been further discussion on it, aiming to solve those issues. Please participate in the sub-sections of Talk:Code of Conduct/Draft#Finalize "Conflict of interest" section? and make sure your concerns are being addressed.
User:Mattflaschen-WMF 03:55, 28 September 2016 (UTC)
Weigh in on whether to finalize the new version of the "Conflict of interest" sectionEdit
You participated earlier in discussion about the "Conflict of interest" section of the draft Code of Conduct for technical spaces. There was not consensus to approve an earlier version of this section. I'm contacting you to let you know the draft has been updated, and we are now discussing whether to finalize the new version.
Please participate here.
Gerrit Reviewer Bot not working?Edit
Is the bot malfunctioning? I'm listed in https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git/Reviewers#mediawiki.2Fextensions.2FWikidata but since November 11th I do not get added anymore as a reviewer. It did work fine before. Thanks! Tobias Gritschacher (WMDE) (talk) 11:56, 30 November 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks for reporting this. It's not entirely clear to me why this is happening -- I created https://github.com/valhallasw/gerrit-reviewer-bot/issues/15 to track. It may have something to do with a change in the Gerrit email format, or something in how the patches are uploaded, or possibly the emails are not sent due to the large patchsets? Valhallasw (talk) 19:22, 30 November 2016 (UTC)
- Woo, I got added again today! Did you fix something? In any case, thank you! Tobias Gritschacher (WMDE) (talk) 10:16, 12 January 2017 (UTC)
Hello! Has the bot been down lately? There are six reviewers listed for the DonationInterface extension but I've had to manually add them to my patches for at least a week. Thank you! Ejegg (talk) 04:35, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
- I think there's a broken regex in one of the subscriptions, and this breaks the entire bot (bad design, but somehow it worked for several years! :-D) -- see the log at https://tools.wmflabs.org/gerrit-reviewer-bot/ . I have added an extra logging statement, and the regex will now just be ignored. Valhallasw (talk) 19:35, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
Hello again! Looks like the regexes are okay this time, but 'gerrit set-reviewers...' is triggering an exception (whose details aren't logged): https://tools.wmflabs.org/gerrit-reviewer-bot/ EEggleston (WMF) (talk) 18:47, 23 May 2017 (UTC)
- The exception is listed (confusingly) below, in the error log: "error: could not add John F. Lewis: Change not visible to John F. Lewis". There is also a broken regex: "ERROR:root:Could not process file regexp '^(^hieradata/regex.yaml|^hieradata/hosts/|modules/(mediawiki|service|role|etcd)' -- ignoring.". But overall the situation seems to have resolved itself (?) -- maybe some oddity in Gerrit? Valhallasw (talk) 19:55, 24 May 2017 (UTC)
- I think I finally figured out what was happening. John F. Lewis is globally banned, and their Gerrit account is therefore probably also locked in some way, which prevents them from being added as a reviewer. I have removed them from the reviewer list, and we'll see if this helps to improve the situation. Valhallasw (talk) 19:14, 13 July 2017 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Technical Barnstar|
|Thanks for maintaining the reviewer-bot! EEggleston (WMF) (talk) 14:01, 28 July 2017 (UTC)|
|For your nice work! :) Alangi Derick (talk) 17:52, 14 November 2018 (UTC)|
Gerrit Reviewer Bot not workingEdit
as far as I can tell the bot is not working at all. I reopened (well, un-stalled) T222983. Let me know if there's any information that would be useful for debugging, and thanks for all the effort you've put into this bot (which is super useful)! --Tgr (WMF) (talk) 02:14, 19 November 2019 (UTC)
How we will see unregistered usersEdit
You get this message because you are an admin on a Wikimedia wiki.
When someone edits a Wikimedia wiki without being logged in today, we show their IP address. As you may already know, we will not be able to do this in the future. This is a decision by the Wikimedia Foundation Legal department, because norms and regulations for privacy online have changed.
Instead of the IP we will show a masked identity. You as an admin will still be able to access the IP. There will also be a new user right for those who need to see the full IPs of unregistered users to fight vandalism, harassment and spam without being admins. Patrollers will also see part of the IP even without this user right. We are also working on better tools to help.
We have two suggested ways this identity could work. We would appreciate your feedback on which way you think would work best for you and your wiki, now and in the future. You can let us know on the talk page. You can write in your language. The suggestions were posted in October and we will decide after 17 January.
Thank you. /Johan (WMF)
18:17, 4 January 2022 (UTC)