GCI task descriptions for TemplateDataEdit
This is Codename Lisa again (also see en:User:Codename Lisa). Sorry for the four-days delay; I've been sent on a mission on a short notice. (Actually, I've placed a tag on top of my English Wikipedia user talk page; but these long absences happen far and few.) Anyway, without further ado, here are the GCI task descriptions for TemplateData.
When you reviewed them please let me know if you have any idea to where it is best for the students to report in. It needs to be talk page capable of reciprocating answers.
- Hi again.
- Here is another task. Hopefully, this will tell me whether it is safe to come up with certain others that I have in mind or not.
- This survey is primarily meant to get feedback on the Wikimedia Foundation's current work, not long-term strategy.
- Legal stuff: No purchase necessary. Must be the age of majority to participate. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation located at 149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, CA, USA, 94105. Ends January 31, 2017. Void where prohibited. Click here for contest rules.
Your feedback matters: Final reminder to take the global Wikimedia surveyEdit
(Sorry to write in Engilsh)
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Technical Barnstar|
|Thank you so much for your help (and patience) with getting Citoid enabled on the Welsh Wicipedia! There isn't a place to say thank you on Phabricator, but I thought it was important to say just how much your efforts are appreciated. I was unsure of what I was doing, so your help made a huge difference. Richard Nevell (talk) 11:17, 10 July 2018 (UTC)|
Reuse of references from statements in Wikidata in content at WikipediaEdit
Found phab:T199197, but that is more or less the closest I get. Is there any activity on reusing references from statements in Wikidata in content at Wikipedia? That is make them show up in the “re-use” tab in teh VisualEditor Cite-dialog. Jeblad (talk) 18:47, 30 September 2019 (UTC)
Getting Started with the TemplateData ExtensionEdit
Hello Mvolz, I am Ndubuisi, a Student Software Developer interested in knowing more about the Wikimedia Development Stack through Open Source Contributions. I came across discussions phabricator on some improvements for the template. I have set up the extension on my mediawiki install
I need some clarifications though
Please, What does the Template Data Extension do? I have seen explanation the extension page but they are not simple enough
Also how do I start using this extension in my local mediawiki install?
I really want to start contributing to this extension, and understanding the problems it solves and how to use it will help me get started
- @Prondubuisi: Hi! Sorry, that task really didn't have enough information! I've updated the phabricator task with more details. I hope that helps, feel free to ask any additional questions on the task! Please note though that the task only has one mentor at present (me), and it would need two to go ahead, so I'm not sure it will be available for this round of GSoC/Outreachy. Although, if it really appeals to you, you can try commenting on the phabricator task that you're interested, and that might make it easier to find an additional mentor! Mvolz (WMF) (talk) 10:35, 30 January 2020 (UTC)
- @Mvolz: Thanks for the prompt response. I don't really mind if it doesn't make it to GSoC, I just want to get my hands dirty with Wikimedia core, extensions, skins et all. I will be following up on Phabricator, thanks.