You wrote that logs import requires root. As you seem to be knowledgeable on the topic, could you please contribute to the section above? I only used "shell user" as a generic term, but importDump.php is supposed to work. --Nemo 16:06, 24 October 2013 (UTC)
- Wikitech is not on the main cluster and I guess mortals (as defined by
siteadmins.pp) don't have access there at all so it would have to be a root. Maybe that's wrong, I didn't go reading manifests to verify this particular case. --Jeremyb (talk) 16:10, 24 October 2013 (UTC)
- Oh well, I don't think that's important/useful. :) Too bad, the page above would really use some work! --Nemo 16:14, 24 October 2013 (UTC)
Error during logging inEdit
Dear Jeremyb, I am one of the most active contributors in Zazaki Wikipedia. I can not log in there for over a week. What am I doing wrong or what I did wrong? I dont know. It appears after every login attempt the following reason:
- Request: POST http://diq.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ba%C4%9Fse:KarberC%C4%B1kewt%C4%B1%C5%9F&action=submitlogin&type=login&returnto=Pela+Seri, from 220.127.116.11 via cp1067 cp1067 ([10.64.0.104]:3128), Varnish XID 1216788132 Forwarded for: 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52 Error: 503, Service Unavailable at Sun, 07 Dec 2014 04:24:13 GMT
- Can you help me in this regard? I thank you for that very much in advance. Greetings! --Mirzali (talk) 21:45, 8 December 2014 (UTC)
- I have no idea how you decided I was a good person to ask about this?
- In a private browsing/incognito window (or a different computer with cleared cookies): Are you able to log into any wiki (even this one) with your diqwiki username? What happens if you then visit diqwiki?
- The error message you quoted (a 503) sounds like a temporary, transient error. In any case this should be raised somewhere else, not on my talk page. --Jeremyb (talk) 03:54, 9 December 2014 (UTC)
Notice: Admin activity reviewEdit
I hope that this message finds you well.
I am writing to inform you that you may lose your adminship (and other advanced permissions) on mediawiki.org because of inactivity.
A policy regarding the removal of advanced permissions (e.g.: administrator, bureaucrat, interface-admin, etc.) was adopted by community consensus in 2013. While initially that policy did not apply to this site, the mediawiki.org community decided in August 2020 to opt-in.
You are being notified because we have identified that your account meets the inactivity criteria stated in the policy: no edits and no administrative log actions for the last 2 years.
- If you want to keep your advanced permissions, you should inform the community (at Project:Current issues) about the fact that the stewards have sent you this information about your inactivity. A community notice about this process has been also posted on said page. If the community has a discussion about it and then wants you to keep your advanced permissions, please contact the stewards at the stewards noticeboard, and link to the discussion of the local community, where they express their wish for you to continue to maintain your advanced permissions.
- If you wish to resign your advanced permissions, you may do so by filing a request for removal on Meta-Wiki.
- If there is no response at all on one month after this notification, the stewards will proceed to remove your advanced permissions without further notice.
In ambiguous cases, stewards will evaluate the responses and will refer a decision back to the local community for their comment and review.
If you have any questions, please let me know or feel free to message us at the stewards. If you feel we've made a mistake and your account is active, we'd also appreciate to let us know, and please accept our apologies.