It is users who are using our software.
- Our users are our customers. Instead of money, they invest their time into our products.
- Still, software has the potential of creating monetary profit as good and usable software is surely increasing the likelihood of donations.
- Users have expectations, wishes and requirements that do not necessarily match the ones of the developers, nor the personal opinion of product management.
- Considering the users’ point of view means respecting the users instead being condescending to them.
- More rewarding than users just using our software, is users enjoying to use our software.
- Functionality is worthless without usability.
- Each PM should have an own regular appointment with UX & Design that she may use for briefing or to acquire information about the current status of tasks.
- PM can drop tasks to UX & Design whenever it is needed.
- UX & Design applies the “Kanban” principle (tasks which have been started will be finished before a new tasks gets a higher prio).