iOS native appEdit
- 5.0.6 Passed Regression last week
- Holding while we diagnose a memory crash
- Working with beta testers to verify fixes
- 5.1 is in Development
- Major features are iPad and Find in Page
- Expectd to be feature complete end of week
- Expected to go to beta next week
- 5.2 Scheduled to begin development next week
- iOS 10 release
- Major features are Widgets and Feed improvements
- Expected to go to beta in early september
Android native appEdit
Mobile Content ServiceEdit
- Gergo working on pywikibot issue, Brad is OOO
- We're waiting on Design Research with phab:T141069 so we can work with them on phab:T141068 for the new wikitext editor work.
- Parsing team are waiting for our response on "native" Parsoid
<gallery> implementation. Thalia will look at it.
- Now live for logged-in users on Arabic-script Wikipedias; logged-out users planned for next week, then Indic script Wikipedias
- Lots of the team in town this week. Working on a few things. Come talk to us if you're also in town and want to say hi.
- HTML diffs for partial page saving (so faster saves); needs input from Services team on https://github.com/edg2s/restbase/tree/sections branch of RESTbase; PR forthcoming
- New wikitext editor work continues; https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T142138 and so on
- Parsoid cluster upgraded to node v4 & Jessie (thanks ops) - deployments resumed yesterday
- Next step: migrate deployment process to scap3 -- to be scheduled with Services
- https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/303912/ Implement magic word based opt-out of global user pages -- bikeshed on or __NOFOREIGN__ ...
- Is there an update on thumbor production status? (Performance?) It's still blocking ImageTweaks deployment.
- Blocking: None of which we're aware.
- Continuing our work on FileAnnotations; currently pending on
- No blockers
- Working on BM25 implementation
- Working on multi-wiki indexes
- Question mark removal deployed
- Bugfixes for cross-language search deployed
- Portal stats updated + fixes for small languages
- Working on deploying <mapframe> and <maplink> to all non-Wikipedia sites
- Working on replacing GeoHack with <maplink> + info screen on all Wikipedias
- Working on deploying Tabular data on Commons. Already synced up with Wikidata.
- refinery deployment migrated to scap3, tested and everything works well
- sqooping all mediawiki databases out to hdfs, from dbstore1002, so far seems to not impact that machine much
- pagecounts-raw and pagecounts-all-sites dataset updates have been stopped, old files remain, upgrade to the new pageviews or pagecounts-ez datasets as per: https://dumps.wikimedia.org/other/analytics/
- eventlogging kafka pipeline upgraded to fix broker restart bug
- follow-up on pageview spike: Windows update caused a problem with the TLS handshake in Chrome 41
- Parsoid move to Jessie and node 4 complete
- Electron PDF rendering service discussion: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T142226
- Working on new kafka driver for Change-Prop - deploy as soon as kafka upgrade to 0.9
- Parsoid clusters upgraded to jessie throughout the week
- Worked with research to get ORES workers their own dedicated cluster. Hardware estimations done
- xkey meeting held.
- Review of ContentTranslation apertium packages ongoing
- labs got openstack liberty upgrade
- MediaWiki 1.27.1 will be released this week
- Notifications for OAuth consumer proposals are being deployed this week:
- Planning for captcha improvements continues
- No blockers.
- New features on query.wikidata.org (live preview of example queries, map layers).
- Working on first feedback we got from publishing the Commons MediaInfo prototype.
- Layout tweaks to the default Wikidata UI.
- No blockers
- Deploying and monitoring first activemq replacement changes
- Minor Central Notice deploy with tonight's SWAT
- Testing background contact de-duping script for CiviCRM
- No blockers
- Ori still out
- Still doing heavy refactoring in ResourceLoader/Outputpage for the critical rendering path
- Still working on transaction bugfixes and improvements for multi-DC
- WebpageTest now supports Opera Mini & UC Mini
- Thumbor plugins test suite complete, production work to resume next week
- Team offsite to be in NY area end of November