Release status: stable
|Description||Allows to restrict editing to users with a certain email address.|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the PrivateDomains extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
The PrivateDomains extension restricts wiki editing to users with a certain email address. It adds a new special page, Special:PrivateDomains, to allow changing the name of the organization and to add "trusted" email addresses. Bureaucrats and staff members can access this special page by default.
If a non-privileged user (someone who does not have the organization's email address) tries to edit, they see a warning box about the fact that they cannot change pages on the wiki. Be aware that the user can't view pages' wikitext source either.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'PrivateDomains' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
While PrivateDomains settings are meant to be edited via Special:PrivateDomains, they are stored in the MediaWiki: namespace and thus they can also be directly edited.
- MediaWiki:Privatedomains-domains — contains the list of allowed email domains
- MediaWiki:Privatedomains-affiliatename — contains the name of the organization, i.e. FooCorp, Inc. or Bar State University
- MediaWiki:Privatedomains-emailadmin — contains the name of a wiki user whom users can contact if they're having issues