Release status: stable
|Description||Enhances parser with logical and string functions|
|Latest version||Continuous updates|
|Compatibility policy||Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backward compatible.|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Quarterly downloads||518 (Ranked 10th)|
|Public wikis using||15,766 (Ranked 4th)|
|Translate the ParserFunctions extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The ParserFunctions extension enhances the wikitext parser with helpful functions, mostly related to logic and string-handling. Since MediaWiki 1.15, ParserFunctions has incorporated most (but not all) of the functions from the former StringFunctions extension, which may be enabled or disabled.
For instructions on how to use this extension, see the help pages.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php file:
wfLoadExtension( 'ParserFunctions' );
- Configure as required, e.g., if you want to use the integrated string function functionality, add just after that line:
$wgPFEnableStringFunctions = true;
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- Allows to activate the integrated string function functionality (see string function). The default value is
- Defines the maximum length of a string that string functions are allowed to operate on. The default value is
Help pages edit
See also edit
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|
|This extension is included in the following wiki farms/hosts and/or packages:|