Release status: experimental
|Description||Display various types of diagrams rendered from text within wiki pages.|
|Author(s)||Sam Wilson (Samwilsontalk)|
<graphviz>, <mscgen>, and <uml>
|Translate the Diagrams extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The Diagrams extension displays GraphViz, Mscgen, and PlantUML diagrams in a wiki. It depends on a small web service to render the images.
It replaces the GraphViz and PlantUML extensions in some ways, but does not support all features of either of them. The primary reason for a different extension is to not store the rendered images in the wiki database.
There are two parts to installing this extension.
The extension depends on a RESTFul service endpoint that accepts POST request and responds with Json messages.
Currently there are the following implementations:
- PHP/Symfony based service by Sam Wilson
- Python based service by Wolfgang Fahl
First, install and configure the Diagrams Service (see above).
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'Diagrams' ); $wgDiagramsServiceUrl = 'https://diagrams.example.com/subdir'; // The URL at which you installed the Diagrams Service.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.