Jak powinniśmy tłumaczyć nową nazwę Flow? "Dyskusje strukturalne" czy "Dyskusje strukturyzowane"? Może inny pomysł?
Zastanawiałem się nad tym. Nie jestem pewien, chyba to drugie. Może ktoś zorientowany w informatyce czy informatologii miałby mniej problemu.
BIG blue button for plwiki
James has moved the explanatory page to Contributors/Projects/Accessible editing buttons, and started expanding it. I don't think he's done, but perhaps in another day or two.
I'd like to warn the Polish Wikipedians about this in advance. What do you think is the best page for that? The tech people will need to fix the scripts, so w:pl:Wikipedia:Kawiarenka/Kwestie techniczne would make sense, but non-tech editors need to know what's happening, so maybe it doesn't. Would you like to start telling people about this, or would you rather that I did (in English)?
Also, is there a particular day of the week that you prefer? I think that Wednesday or Thursday is feasible this week, but otherwise it will have to wait until next week. (Ops has officially disapproved of changes like this happening on Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays since the Orange Bar of Doom dispute when Echo was deployed to enwiki.)
- I have found some confetti. ;-)
Yes, the tech village pump does suit. You can post there, and I'll translate that. I'll also write an announcement on our general noticeboard (pl:WP:TO), and this way, both techies and non-techies will know. I prefer to start telling people publicly (on-wiki) when the explanatory page is ready, and for now, I can just write on our IRC and see what's the reaction.
If I start doing that today, and the page is ready say tomorrow European time, then Thursday is absolutely the earliest option. Maybe even next week would be better? People will be surprised (for sure!) by a sudden change. 2 days is really not so much.
Let's plan for Monday (probably the SWAT slot later in the UTC day), so that we don't have to guess whether the pages will be ready today. @Matma Rex, will you be around on Monday afternoon/evening? I know that all of these changes can be made in advance, but I always expect something to break anyway.
I think there's still one more thing that we need add to Contributors/Projects/Accessible editing buttons. This change will make it easier on script writers/maintainers, and we haven't mentioned that yet. (Yes, it's ironic that we're breaking scripts to make it easier on script maintainers.)
I'll poke James F about adding that again, but perhaps you'd like to take a look at what he's already written about accessibility.
I posted an announcement on our goings-on/noticeboard, with a tl;dr explanation and info about one of our gadgets.
A few questions for you
Hi there! Because you are a proud member of the community taskforce for the visual editor, I'm sending you this short questionnaire so that we can learn how to improve existing resources and about different ways to build and share community knowledge. Thanks for participating! I'll come back here to collect your answers on September 9th. I'll collate answers on the taskforce talk page. Talk to you soon!
PS: If for any reason you'd like to provide your answers privately, just send me an email instead.
- Was the existing documentation about how to adapt the visual editor to your context useful to you?
- Do you have ideas about how to improve or expand it? (Note it has been changed recently, here's what it looked like before.)
- What is your preferred format to learn about something or about how to get things done? Feel free to list tools or other resources, even if they aren't being used currently on our sites.
- What is the one thing related to adapting the visual editor which is not explained well anywhere and you're still struggling to learn more about?
- Did you create additional documentation/resources to help yourself and others? Like user guides, how-to/instruction pages, etc.? If so, please provide links.
- Did somebody else from WMF or your community assist you with the visual editor community work you did so far? Please list names and the ways they provided support (like, Alice sent me an email to explain how to do X). Please, add community members' names to the taskforce list if they are not there yet.
Waterfall or scrum
HI. Thanks for editing my reply on Talk:WMF product development process.
You're welcome. Many experienced users have some problems with wikcode/VE on Flow. Btw, do you know * and : work? It's quite useful.
Fyi I copied some text from phab: and pasted to the flow discussion board on my phone, just to discover I made a mistake.