There will be a few different kinds of integration:
- Fully integrated: You bring the entire remote wiki local, and it dominates. Articles from the remote wiki can't be edited without editing the remote wiki also.
- Partially integrated: You bring only part of the remote wiki local. (E.g., you may only bring templates local.)
- Option 1: You have local/remote differentiation in wikilinks because you may have page name collisions.
- Option 2: Page name collisions are forbidden, but you still select only certain pages to bring local.
- Existence-detecting interwiki wikilinks only: You bring nothing from the remote wiki local. There are existence-detecting interwiki wikilinks only, and they take you out of your wiki when you click on them.