- I have an extensive background in Software Development, Linux administration and network operations. With a formal education in Computer Science and more than 20 years of experience working on the web, from developing and maintaining infrastructure, servers and platforms to designing and deploying extremely high-traffic user-facing applications.
- Most recently I spent 4 years as a Web Developer turned DevOps engineer at deviantART before joining the Wikimedia Foundation as a Release Engineer in May of 2014.
- I have extensive experience with Phabricator, first as a DevOps Engineer at DeviantART and later as the primary maintainer of phabricator.wikimedia.org
I have many responsibilities as a Release engineer at the Wikimedia Foundation. The most significant among them are as follows:
- Maintain and improve Wikimedia's fork of Phabricator, as well as the production deployment at phabricator.wikimedia.org.
- Ongoing development of various deployment tools and infrastructure. ( scap )
- Rotating responsibility for the Mediawiki Train Deployments.
- Ongoing development and maintenance of our Continuous Integration infrastructure.
Disclaimer: I work for the Wikimedia Foundation, and this is the account I intend to use for edits or statements I make in that role. However, the Foundation does not vet all my activity, so edits, statements, or other contributions made by this account may not reflect the views of the Foundation.