Hi. I'm Leila Zia. I joined the Wikimedia Foundation in February 2014 as part of the Research and Data team.
Disclaimer: I work for the Wikimedia Foundation, and this is the account I intend to use for edits or statements I make in that role. However, the Foundation does not vet all my activity, so edits, statements, or other contributions made by this account may not reflect the views of the Foundation.
- E-mail: leilawikimedia.org
- On IRC, I go by "leila".
Current and past projectsEdit
For a list of current and past projects, please visit here.
- "Why We Read Wikipedia", Philipp Singer, Florian Lemmerich, Robert West, Leila Zia, Ellery Wulczyn, Markus Strohmaier, Jure Leskovec, to appear in International World Wide Web (WWW) Conference, Perth, Australia., 2017
- "Growing Wikipedia Across Languages via Recommendation", Ellery Wulczyn, Robert West, Jure Leskovec, and Leila Zia, International World Wide Web (WWW) Conference, Montréal, Qué., 2016.
- "Improving Website Hyperlink Structure Using Server Logs", Ashwin Paranjape, Robert West, Leila Zia, and Jure Leskovec, The 9th International ACM Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM), San Francisco, CA, 2016
- "Lessons Learned from Predicting Colorectal Cancer Mortality", Leila Zia, Margrét Bjarnadóttir, Kim F. Rhoads, Working Paper.
- "Optimal Intervention Programs in Health Care Systems", Margrét Bjarnadóttir, Leila Zia, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Under Review.
- “Improving Decision Making using Health Data Analytics, Big Data and Health Analytics", Margrét Bjarnadóttir, Ritu Agarwal, Kenyon Crowley, QianRan Jin, Leila Zia, Sean Barnes, and Kislaya Prasad, H. Lehman and K. Marconi (ed.), Taylor and Francis, forthcoming, 2014.
- "Predicting Early Stage Colorectal Cancer Survival", Leila Zia, Margrét Bjarnadóttir, Kim F. Rhoads, Proceedings of the 7th INFORMS Workshop on Data Mining and Health Informatics (DM-HI), 2012.
- "Redundancy Allocation for Series-Parallel Systems Using a Column Generation Approach", Leila Zia, David W. Coit, IEEE Transactions on Reliability , vol. 59, no. 9, Dec. 2010.
- "Using Mixed Integer Programming to Schedule IT Change Requests", Leila Zia, Yixin Diao, Kamal Bhattacharya and Chris Ward, NOMS 2008.
- "Reliability-Redundancy Allocation Using a Column Generation Approach", Leila Zia and David W. Coit, Rutgers University IE Working Paper.
- "A General Column Generation Algorithm Applied to System Reliability Optimization Problems," Leila Zia and David W. Coit, Proceedings of the Industrial Engineering Research Conference (IERC), Orlando, FL, May 2006.