Future directions and the Medium Term Plan edit
- July 3, 2020 - RfC: Evaluate alternative Node package managers for improved package security
- January 18, 2020 – Research essay: Which modern, reactive web framework to choose for the new decade: Vue or React?
MediaWiki skin theming: mild and dark modes edit
- Easily customizable color palette through ca. 30 css variables.
- Includes a few layout optimizations: full-width Timeless skin and thin (one-line) header bar for Vector, MediaViewer scrolling and metadata.
- Note: Custom background colors hardcoded in templates and wikitext make those areas unreadable in dark mode (bright text on bright background). Rules for these are added on a case-by-case basis. Mild mode is readable in such cases.
Desktop UI (skin) improvements edit
- Desktop Improvements vision
- Choose expressive icons for the header buttons
- Vector headings typography fix
- Evaluate the feasibility and impact of restoring font-size to the browser default / user setting
- Make use of common monospace fonts created for developers (source code typography)
- Choose up-to-date fonts, more legible on LCD screens (Work-In-Progress)
- Site navigation sidebar de-cluttering
- Skin accessibility: tab navigation
Feature design proposals for MediaWiki and Wikimedia edit
- User reporting system - workflow design, transcluded to: User reporting system consultation 2019
- Partial Block improvements - usability features, transcluded to: Blocking tools and improvements/Feedback
- Allowing, but minimizing non-free content - transcluded to: Wikimedia movement WG Diversity Recommendations