Version 2.0 testing feedback
TASK #4: What are your initial impressions of the tool? What stands out to you? Do you find something particularly eye-catching? Confusing?
- I can't believe this took us so long to finally have this feature.
- I expected the edit window to open right under the comment that I selected to reply to, but it opened further down the page. So I asked myself whether my comment would end up further down instead.
- Will newbies understand what 'source' and 'visual' mean?
TASK #5: Could you figure out how to write and style a comment in the tool's
visual mode do so? What did you think of this experience?
- Yes, but the buttons for this shouldn't be hidden on the right side of the window.
TASK #6: Could you figure out how to ping someone who has commented in the section you are replying in? What did you think of this experience?
- Yes, and this is a game changer.
TASK #7: Could you figure out how to ping someone who has not commented in the section you are replying in? What did you think of this experience?
- Also very cool, but it appears that capitalisation of usernames doesn't work yet (entering "@Foo" to ping User:Foo is displayed as "@foo").
TASK #8: Could you figure out how to delete the ping you created in Task #7? What did you think of this experience?
TASK #9: Could you figure out how to see the comment you were writing in the
visual mode, in the
source mode before posting the comment to the talk page? What – if any – part the wikitext looked different from how you expected?
- All great. Will the preview also display stuff like images and images (I didn't test that)?
TASK #10: Could you figure out how to post the comment you had written in Tasks #1 - #9 to the talk page?
TASK #11: Does the diff you created by posting a comment look as you expected? What – if anything – were you surprised to see?
- Maybe it should read, "reply to comment by User:Foo"? On a second thought, I suppose it should not.
OVERALL: If there are other comments or questions you would like to make the team aware of, please write them here.
- Awesomeness, keep up the great work!