Please replace "TheSkin" with your skin's name:
MediaWiki is an open-source project and users are encouraged to make any MediaWiki skins under an Open Source Initiative (OSI) approved GPLv2 compatible license (including MIT, BSD, PD). For skins that have a compatible license, you can request commit access to the MediaWiki source repository for skins.
A developer sharing their code in the code repository should expect:
- Feedback / Criticism / Code reviews
- Review and comments by other developers on things like framework use, security, efficiency and usability.
- Developer tweaking
- Other developers modifying your submission to improve or clean-up your code to meet new framework classes and methods, coding conventions and translations.
- Future versions by other developers
- New branches of your code being created by other developers as new versions of MediaWiki are released.
- Credit for your work being preserved in future versions
- Similarly, you should credit the developers of any skins whose code you borrow from.
Any developer who is uncomfortable with any of these actions occurring should not host their code in the code repository. You are still encouraged to create a summary page for your skin on the wiki to let people know about the skin, and where to download it.