Release status: stable
|Description||Bootstrap based, fully configurable, especially suitable for wiki-as-a-website|
|Latest version||2.0.2 (2023-01-08)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0|
|Public wikis using||210 (Ranked 28th)|
|Public wikis using as default skin||72|
|Translate the Tweeki skin if it is available at translatewiki.net|
Tweeki is a skin based on Bootstrap (v4.6.2) framework. It tries to implement as much of Bootstrap's functionality as possible, allowing to use it very easily and with very reduced markup, and features many configuration options.
Tweeki aims for highest compatibility with Semantic MediaWiki and Semantic Forms and should be particularly useful for wiki-as-a-website projects.
- Download Tweeki from GitHub and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadSkin( 'Tweeki' ); $wgDefaultSkin = "tweeki";
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the skin is successfully installed.
To users running MediaWiki 1.24 or earlier:
The instructions above describe the new way of installing skins using
wfLoadSkin(), since MediaWiki 1.25. If you need to install this skin in earlier versions, instead of
wfLoadSkin( 'Tweeki' );, you need to use:
(To run a skin on an earlier release, you may need to download the version of it tagged for that release from Special:SkinDistributor.)
The master branch contains the latest release and supports only Bootstrap 4. You can use legacy releases if you want to use Bootstrap 3.
- highly configurable – without the need to tweak Tweeki itself – no conflicts when updating!
- userfriendly for newbies – possibility to hide specific functionality that may not be needed in your specific setup
- well suited for wiki-as-a-website projects – act like a website and profit from MediaWiki's features internally
- made for semantic wikis – aiming for highest compatibility with Semantic MediaWiki and Semantic Forms
It supports most of Bootstrap's features, such as Buttons, Icons, Accordions, Tabs, Modals, Panels and much more...
Other skins and extensions related to the Bootstrap framework:
- Category:Skins based on Bootstrap - Overview of skins based on the Bootstrap framework
- Extension:Bootstrap - Provides the Bootstrap framework to MediaWiki
- Extension:BootstrapComponents - Provides further components to the Bootstrap framework for MediaWiki
|This skin is included in the following packages and/or wiki farms:|