Release status: stable
|Description||Simple and clean skin based on the Bootstrap 4 library. Originally and continuously developed for WikiSkripta.|
|Latest version||3.2.6 (2022-05-15)|
|License||Creative Commons Zero v1.0 Universal|
|Download||Download master snapshot
|Translate the Medik skin if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix;|
The Medik skin is a simple skin based on Bootstrap 4 which was originally developed for WikiSkripta.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadSkin( 'Medik' ); $wgDefaultSkin = 'medik';
- Configure as required.
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the skin is successfully installed.
You can use the following configuration variables in your "LocalSettings.php" file:
||The Medik color scheme (navbar background, underlines etc.).||CSS colors (e.g.
||Show logo in the navbar or in the sidebar. By default, the logo is hidden.||
||Width of the logo in the main navbar (i.e. you have to set
||CSS width (e.g.
||Use only logo and hide the site name in the left upper corner of the wiki. Note that you have to set
||If your wiki's name is longer than about 13 to 15 characters, you can define a shorter one only for the mobile screen. On desktop,
||If you need to disable the responsiveness of the skin (i.e. you don't want the skin to adjust to the screen size), set this to
On large screens, the main content container (with articles, texts, etc.) is 9/12 of the screen width and sidebar menu takes 2/12 of the screen width. It means that 1/12 of the screen width on the right side remains white. This is the default.
But there can be cases when you need your wiki to extend to the full width of the screen even on the large screens. Then you can use
If you need a narrow main content area, use
If you need a wide main content with only a narrow left sidebar, use
User preference optionEdit
- Basic font size
- Every user is able to change the default font size in their user settings. It's found on page "Special:Preferences" under the skin preferences.
- The wiki's default font size can be defined by adding e.g. the following line to your "LocalSettings.php":
$wgDefaultUserOptions['medik-font'] = '1.0em';
- Possible values for this setting are
0.9em(90% - default),
1.1em(110%). However, you can use any other valid CSS declarations.
- Regardless of the current user settings or the settings of the entire wiki, the user will always see 90% as the default value in their settings page.
- If you would like to disallow users to choose another skin but sill allow users to select the size of the font used you need to add the following to your "LocalSettings.php" file:
$wgHiddenPrefs = 'skin'; $wgAllowUserCss = true;
Created at 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Czech Republic, 2019–2022.
This skin is:
- based on Skin:Example (licensed under CC0),
- using Bootstrap 4 (licensed under MIT license),
- using popper.js 1.16 (licensed under MIT license),
- created for WikiSkripta medical wiki,
- and released under Creative Commons Zero v1.0 Universal license (CC0).
This software is distributed without any warranty.
Other skins and extensions related to the Bootstrap framework:
- Category:Skins based on Bootstrap - Overview of skins based on the Bootstrap framework
- Extension:Bootstrap - Provides the Bootstrap framework to MediaWiki
- Extension:BootstrapComponents - Provides further components to the Bootstrap framework for MediaWiki