Release status: stable
|Description||Simple and clean skin based on the Bootstrap 5 library.|
|Latest version||5.1.3 (2023-07-31)|
|Compatibility policy||Master maintains backwards compatibility.|
|License||Creative Commons Zero v1.0 Universal|
|Public wikis using||56 (Ranked 47th)|
|Public wikis using as default skin||26|
|Translate the Medik skin if it is available at translatewiki.net|
Medik is a simple and clean MediaWiki skin based on Bootstrap 5.
|MediaWiki version||Medik version||Libraries included|
|MW 1.29 to 1.38||Medik v3.2.7||Bootstrap 4.6.0 and popper.js 1.16.1|
|MW 1.39||Medik v4.0.2 and v4.0.3||Bootstrap 4.6.0 and popper.js 1.16.1|
|MW 1.39+||Medik v5.0+||Bootstrap 5.3.x (bundle with popper.js)|
For appropriate version of Medik skin please visit the list of versions.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php file:
wfLoadSkin( 'Medik' ); $wgDefaultSkin = 'medik';
- Configure as required.
- Done - Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the skin is successfully installed.
Note that one does not need to install the libraries listed in the compatibility section. They ship with Medik.
You can use the following configuration parameters in your "LocalSettings.php" file:
||The Medik color scheme (navbar background, underlines etc.).||CSS colors (e.g.
||Show logo in the navbar or in the sidebar. By default, the logo is hidden.||
||Width of the logo in the main navbar (i.e. you have to set
||CSS width (e.g.
||Use only logo and hide the site name in the left upper corner of the wiki. Note that you have to set
||If your wiki's name is longer than about 13 to 15 characters, you can define a shorter one only for the mobile screen. On desktop,
On large screens, the main content container (with articles, texts, etc.) is 9/12 of the screen width and sidebar menu takes 2/12 of the screen width. It means that 1/12 of the screen width on the right side remains white. This is the default.
But there can be cases when you need your wiki to extend to the full width of the screen even on the large screens. Then you can use
If you need a narrow main content area, use
This skin is:
- based on Skin:Example (licensed under CC0),
- using Bootstrap 5 (licensed under MIT license),
- using popper.js bundled with Bootstrap (licensed under MIT license),
- originally created for WikiSkripta medical wiki,
- and released under Creative Commons Zero v1.0 Universal license (CC0).
This software is distributed without any warranty.
See also edit
Other skins and extensions related to the Bootstrap framework:
- Category:Skins based on Bootstrap - Overview of skins based on the Bootstrap framework
- Extension:Bootstrap - Provides the Bootstrap framework to MediaWiki
- Extension:BootstrapComponents - Provides further components to the Bootstrap framework for MediaWiki
|This skin is included in the following wiki farms/hosts and/or packages:|