Release status: stable
|Description||Mozilla Cavendish skin based on MonoBook style by Gabriel Wicke.|
|Author(s)||Mozilla, Daniel Schuba, Jack Phoenix, Samantha Nguyen|
|Latest version||2.5.0 (2020-11-01)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Quarterly downloads||19 (Ranked 26th)|
|Public wikis using||182 (Ranked 29th)|
|Public wikis using as default skin||19|
|Translate the Cavendish skin if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues:||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The Cavendish skin is a rework of the skin formerly used at wiki.mozilla.org. It has been modified to work better with new versions of MediaWiki.
The newest version is 2.5.0, released on 1 November 2020; it requires MediaWiki 1.35 (or newer) and has been tested with MediaWiki 1.35 only, and older versions of MediaWiki are explicitly not supported by this version of Cavendish.
Source code and latest version can be found at github.com.
- 0.9.2: works with MW 1.15.1
- 0.9.5: Some bugs were reported, but could not be verified yet.
- 1.2.0: big rework and uses many elements from MonoBook skin, so that it should be compatible to most MW Versions.
- 1.3.1: was tested with MediaWiki 1.16.5 and 1.17.0 and 1.19alpha.
- 1.3.3: bugfixes and added support for MediaWiki 1.15
- 1.3.6: bugfixes and added option for Google +1 button
- 1.5.0: Dropped support for older versions of MediaWiki and cleaned code
- 1.6.0: Cleanup of old compatibilties
- 1.6.1: print.css improved
- 1.6.3: print improved and QR code added to pront page
- 1.6.4: small improvements
- 2.5.0 (1 November 2020): MediaWiki 1.35 or newer is now required, previous versions of MediaWiki core are not supported anymore; added support for page status indicators, optimized CSS, turned off QR code generation by default and fixed the skin to be compatible with 1.35
Download to the
skins folder and unzip. That's all!
|Configuration option name||Default value||Details|
||Skin default color scheme; basically like a theme, but this doesn't require the Theme extension. Valid values are |
||Set this to |
||URL to the custom logo that should be displayed in the header. By default no custom logo is displayed.|
||Width of the custom logo as a number in pixels (|
||Height of the custom logo as a number in pixels (|
||Offset on top of the custom logo|
||Display a Quick Response (QR) code on all pages? When enabled, the QR codes are generated by pinging an external server at |
||Additional URL parameters (as a string) to be appended to wiki page URLs when QR code generation is enabled. This can be useful to track users coming to the wiki via QR codes if you use an analytics software on your wiki. This configuration option has no effect when QR code generation is turned off (|
||Acceptable values are the strings |
||Fixed width (in pixels) of the content area; it's dynamic if not set|
||Display the search bar (|