Notable action itemsEdit
- A request was made for Design to start attending SoS (Arthur will poke the designers)
- Analytics waiting for automatic notification from ops of link flapping
- Ops' participation requested for caching overhaul RfC discussion happening today (30 July 2014)
- Question raised about status of 'redo skin framework' next steps
- Brough up RFCs mentioned last week in email thread and in ops meetings, was told there would be some follow up on thumbnail sizes, and folks were invited to Caching Overhaul meeting today.
- kafka soon to be upgraded to 0.8.1.1
- Would love to get a notification from ops if they detect link flapping. An example of this: https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=68796. Basically, when links flap, data problems might occur, and we need to assess the damage
- Actively working on moving our Wikipedia Zero stuff to use the new API (card 131 marked in-progress)
- Basic mockup of the soon-to-be Editor Engagement Vital Signs dashboard, for Wikimania: https://metrics-staging.wmflabs.org/static/public/dash (saw the spike in registrations from the android app)
- nothing I see new
- I (Greg) should probably stop being this point person :)
- No open cards against us, yay! :)
- Trevor to start working on Agora-ification of oojs-ui followed by skin rewrite; postponed till after Wikimania because Trevor was sick last week and because he's blocked on Design
- Trevor's oojs-ui patch to make iframes optional for dialogs will probably land soon, hopefully today; should be good for Mobile Web
- Big language support changes (for IMEs in particular) in the works for VisualEditor, hoping to land them before Wikimania so we can have people test
- @ops: wikitechwiki was a total mess, I (Roan) fixed it up a bit yesterday after Andrew B left for the day. For details see SAL or ask me
- No dependencies.
- #80 will be addressed by Niklas after Wikimania/Vacation.
- CX work continue by team.
- iOS app release tomorrow 10am PDT
- bug fix release probably to follow in a couple days
- no dependencies expected
- ZOMG PROCESS IS HARD
- Media viewer/upload wizard stuff progressing, 2-3 weeks out for thumbnail changes, sorry we missed the meeting.
- Working on browser tests for the GettingStarted extensions
- Patch to have a separate cookie expiration time for "remember me" cookies
- Task recommendations.
- mw-ui icon patch is in progress at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/139368 . I don't think it's blocked. There is ongoing discussion, including a meeting scheduled for Aug 26 to discuss the general approaches of WikiFont and SVG/PNG icons.
- New coder Andrew Green getting up to speed on CentralNotice
- Finished Bitcoin import and special translation workflow
- Refactoring recurring donations
- FR Dashboard: auth & switch frontend to Knockout
- Working towards SEPA (EU debit law) compliance
- Trying to get non-Civi emails and bounces tracked in CiviCRM